World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from the Gulf and have a few weeks leave. I've been out of action for a while due to work commitment and keen to make a couple of days of it over on the West coast. Thing is I'm going in pretty much blind aside from threads on here, could anyone recommend a sea loch thats producing just now? Obviously there's Etive (I've no idea how that would fish this time of year) so theres a start but I'm sure it overshadows other equally great Lochs. Not after secret spots or anything just a recommendation of somewhere to try and what March may produce (as I know its always been gash for me on the East coast).

Cheers

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Plenty of dogs and whiting caught at our club match on Sunday at loch fyne. Soon as sun went down, dog a cast virtually.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Mate - I like the Fort William area.
You can fish from the long stay car park on the southern end of town - by the roundabout - easy fishing from the car - Doggies, Dabs, Thornbacks, Codling, Whiting, Pollack, Gurnards etc - had them all from there - lug tipped with mackerel or squid on a 2 hook flapper rig or 3/0 pennels with big fish/squid baits for slightly bigger rays/doggies.
Alternatively take the road to Mallaig and turn off for Lochaline and fish the other side of the loch - single track road - loads of marks - see what takes your fancy - never see another person fishing this side but I have had some great days catching everything above - nothing massive but loads of fish.
I normally try to get there for just before low tide and fish up and over high tide - darkness best.
Also Loch Leven not a million miles away so depending on the weather you have loads of options to go for and something will be fishable even in horrendous weather.
Scenery is great too!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot lads. Highlandshorecaster in particuarly, very helpful. I'll see what happens.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Thanks a lot lads. Highlandshorecaster in particuarly, very helpful. I'll see what happens.

No bother mate.
Have fun wherever you end up.
Also some cracking surf beaches up North as well - hardly a soul about and miles of sandy beaches.
Look up Golspie, Brora, Dunnet Bay.
Might not much more than a few Flounders but I just love fishing a surf beach.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts