World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where would u guys say the best place off pembrokeshire coast is the best region to go to get the most variety also anyone do any boat fishing round here?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
hobbs point is good for most spiecies codling whiting conger ray bass pouting pollack and lots of other spiecies bait use big chuncks of macheral for the whiting and rag and lug baits for the codling mackeral and squid for the congers the only prob is that the ground is really ruff a good cast of 70 yards will get u over the ruff as for rigs use clip down pennals or 2 hook flappers with a rotton bottom with 3/0 mustad hooks. saundersfoot is also good u can catch most things here whiting flatties doggies occasinal bass use rag for the flatties and mackeral for the other stuff and lug for the bass use 2 hook flappers with small hooks.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i agree with cod king but this time of year and through the summer up your hook size off suundersfoot as the bass are about from now on.

Look on one of my other posts and on there i have done a schedule which will put you in touch of the most species possible and show you the potential that Pembs has to offer theres hig, low and rock marks in there.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
off tenby bandstend(barell post) you can catch everthing and anything in the summer.in one day i caught 1 thornie ,3 gurnads,8 mackerel,1 garfish,2 black bream and small gobbies and pollock. ive seen and caught blonde rays being caught there and big pollock and bigg bass.

if u do decide to fish there use a 2 boom paternoster with a few beeads on the snood and a heavy shockleader to pull through the snags(it depends where u fish) .the snags are pretty visable any way.

directions

there are pretty easy. just follow u re way through the town and on the main road and go to the harbour.there is a beach on ure left and a pier / breakwater .turn right from there towards a beach witha island just off it. follow the hill up past the beach and its there not a big mark 50m long.just below the bandstand

note

you can only fish there at high water but its worth a go on the beach beside it .

DO NOT,and i meanDO NOT fish there at night . there is a big current there that gos on for miles out to sea . if you fall in at night ure a gonna.

hope this helps

rock hopper :) :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts