World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best lure colours for fishing pollack /bass around UK. I try to go for silver when I can but wonder if the blue/silver colours can be seen that well. Fire tiger ones look great but are they too wayward for the fish???

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Blue/silver, black/silver and sand-eel seem to be the best but I think the lure action and the disturbance it makes are equally as important as colour.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
A lot depends on the visibility of the water.I've caught bass on Firetiger,Orange and Pink lures around South Wales when the water's a bit coloured.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Surface Poppers - Black + silver or Black + red tip.

Basically - for Bass I reckon it's only worth using what you can see or think that the Bass are actively feeding on.
I.e. if the beach is full on sand eel's - Bass are probably herding them up somewhere = which is where you should be with your fake sand eel impression!
If there are loads of whitebait in, likely to have mackrel coming in so either a spinner or those "mag aigle" things - mine work a treat.

OR just fling any old plug in and hope for the best. who made me the fishing king!:g:

·
Registered
213 Posts
TRY TO "match the hatch" by this i mean go for more natural looking lures when the water is clear these have always worked for me.When fishing for pollack in deep water i tend to use firetiger ect type colours a bit more but if the fish are feeding well it seems like the colour makes no differene attal they probably only see a silohette off the lure anyway and as lucky says action and disturbance are more important

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
My favourite clours for bass are silver with either blue or black. If the water is not clear though hot pinks, oranges and fire tiger colours work sometimes. One lure imparticular that works well is the rapala saltwater x-rap in gold, a good shallow diving sandeel imitation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts