World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided I'd go and have a crack at Mostyn for the flatties this afternoon. Got there and set up nice and worm there but quite murky.

Bait used were frozen lug and some of those clams off Llandulas beach. Two rods were set up both with different rigs. One with a bomber for casting to the far side of the channel and the other with a twin avis boom rig with some beads on. Both rigs were baited with lug and tipped with strips cut from the clams.

After several missed bite evenntually I landed the first of two nice little Dabs one on each rod.

then thing went quiet for the slack water spell before picking up again once the tide started to flow again. resulting in a double of a Whitng and Codling.

These were followed by another Whiting and two more small Codling. All fish were returned to grow bigger. There were a few other anglers out one down stream on the rocks in the middle of the mud beach and maybe six on the upstream side of me. Anyone from this forum?

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Decided I'd go and have a crack at Mostyn for the flatties this afternoon. Got there and set up nice and worm there but quite murky.

Bait used were frozen lug and some of those clams off Llandulas beach. Two rods were set up both with different rigs. One with a bomber for casting to the far side of the channel and the other with a twin avis boom rig with some beads on. Both rigs were baited with lug and tipped with strips cut from the clams.

After several missed bite evenntually I landed the first of two nice little Dabs one on each rod.

then thing went quiet for the slack water spell before picking up again once the tide started to flow again. resulting in a double of a Whitng and Codling.

These were followed by another Whiting and two more small Codling. All fish were returned to grow bigger. There were a few other anglers out one down stream on the rocks in the middle of the mud beach and maybe six on the upstream side of me. Anyone from this forum?
well done and nice pics was quite there or was busy?shaggy

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might have been as many as eight others there. But then it was a friday afternoon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
have you tried at the point? fishing into a deep hole there, no need to cast far 20feet is far enough,had some great sessions there and I always take my 20lb boat rod with me for the conger ( heaviest out of there so far 15lb) Well done though you managed to catch fish

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yes but I intend to this year, I,ve heard tales of the odd thornie from along there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts