World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to mostyn after work on sat afternoon got there about 2.30,fished next to a mate of mine at no 20 up to low tide at 4pm Ididnt get a bite but at low I had a dab then my first shore caught thornie only 2 pound but I was chuffed with it ,after that I had 4 small codling 1 good whiting and another small dab , best bait was peeler/rag cocktail, not to bad a session when you consider a trawler had just been through just before I got there,I thought they had been stopped ?

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Well done Mal. Never heard of thornies at Mostyn before, the way to catch them seems to be to fish where me and Steve aren't!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I heard of a couple caught last year, and have been told there is a lot more than thornies there too.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Went to mostyn after work on sat afternoon got there about 2.30,fished next to a mate of mine at no 20 up to low tide at 4pm Ididnt get a bite but at low I had a dab then my first shore caught thornie only 2 pound but I was chuffed with it ,after that I had 4 small codling 1 good whiting and another small dab , best bait was peeler/rag cocktail, not to bad a session when you consider a trawler had just been through just before I got there,I thought they had been stopped ?
well done mal .shaggy

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were a few thornies caught at mostyn last year I heard of about 6 or 7 and I actually wittnessed 2 , one to a mate of mine which was about 4 pound and one of 9 pound in a match , but both of these were in may the 6th and 13th according to my journal (anorak). I reckon they must be after the peelers in the river anyway there very welcome and I'll trying for a bigger one next chance I get

·
Registered
228 Posts
my mate had a 9lbr last summer here on crab whilst we were after congers seen a few more caught over the years aswell not as big as the 9lbr though:clap3:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts