World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all especially our kernow brethren,
have finally agreed to a camping weekend with my very precious family next weekend. Mother Iveys bay? I am desperate not to miss any fishing so any ideas/suggestions regarding this locality would be most appreciated,
Cheers Jon

·
Registered
100 Posts
The fishing around Mother Ivys is pretty good; try Mother Ivys beach for bass at night and plugging for bass around Trevone and Constantine, Trevose head is good for pollock and mackerel and if you can twist a locals arm for directions, flat rock in the camel is good for plaice, ray and bass. hope these spots help, good luck.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Walk down towards the beach then take the coastal path east. keep walking to you reach a quarry. Off the rocks by the pumping station will give you good sport for mac, gar and wrasse. Keep following the path untill you reach the point where the path heads inshore this is called cataclaws same species again. These places do get packed this time of year so get there for first light or fish at night.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Musket,

Mother Iveys bayhas has proven to be an awesome fishing spot. I used to saty on the MIB Caravan site and run a small tender from the beach. All ofthe rock line is good, and as the other chaps have said the quarry can get quite busy at times. Another good little mark is on the Eastern side of the bay. As you walk along the rocks on the east point of MIB there is a metal spike that stands out of the rock. Just the other side of that is a little flat are of rock to fish from which has proven good for bass, mac, garfish and the odd passing squid! When i was last there, we were about 50-100ft off the rocks inthe boat and had 300 mac in 3hrs. have also hooked up with some Gurnards and Sunfish (MolaMola i believe its called?!).

I believe off the shore can be good at night for bass and flatties. If you also get time in between surfing and lapping up the sun, spinning for bass in Boobies Bay is pretty sucessful also.

Anyways, hope it all goes well!
Tight lines,
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts