World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bye2: :bye2: next month I will move to Oxford because my dear boss decided to move the whole lab over there. Why is it when I am in a perfect town (edinburgh) for fishing that people have to spoil it :yucky: ? Can anyone tell me what regional forum I will have to post in now???

anyone willing to reeducate me on seafishing for the english coast(s), I will be happy to join you for a trip some time...

Jan

G

·
:bye2: :bye2: next month I will move to Oxford because my dear boss decided to move the whole lab over there. Can anyone tell me what regional forum I will have to post in now???

Jan
Er:unsure: . I dont think we have one for Oxford. Too far from the sea:) . Maybe Mike can set one up for you and call it the Dream About Sea Fishing Forum:unsure:

G

·
Jan

Many Oxford anglers head South (more than head East) to Brighton, Portsmouth, Lymington, Poole, Weymouth, Exmouth.

It ain't that bad and IMHO the fishing is better than up your way anyway!

I used to live in Oxford and the co-owners of Quest II still do. We keep our boat in Weymouth and wouldn't want it anywhere else.

Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club have a couple of Oxfordshire based members and they can be contacted on http://www.pbsbac.co.uk.

Finally, some of the best coarse fishing you will ever experience can be found in the Thames tributaries, lakes and pits all within a few miles of the city centre.
Even the canal has Carp to well over 20lb!

Where abouts will you be living? Do you know yet?
Tom

G

·
The Oxford and District Sea Angling Club (now disbanded, but there are others) used to fish Ports from Minehead and Penarth in the West right round to Dover.

All were accessible for a day trip, albeit a long day for some of them.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Alternatively- if you're really clever- slip into the boss's office and change the 'x' to an 'r' on all the paperwork for the new office location and hey presto you'll be located in one of the best cod beaches in the country

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks tom for this pep talk. I will look for a flat in or very close to oxford. guess I will spend a lot of weekends travelling down south then...
may see you somewhere over there...

cheers

jan

Jan

Many Oxford anglers head South (more than head East) to Brighton, Portsmouth, Lymington, Poole, Weymouth, Exmouth.

It ain't that bad and IMHO the fishing is better than up your way anyway!

I used to live in Oxford and the co-owners of Quest II still do. We keep our boat in Weymouth and wouldn't want it anywhere else.

Poole Bay Small Boat Angling Club have a couple of Oxfordshire based members and they can be contacted on http://www.pbsbac.co.uk.

Finally, some of the best coarse fishing you will ever experience can be found in the Thames tributaries, lakes and pits all within a few miles of the city centre.
Even the canal has Carp to well over 20lb!

Where abouts will you be living? Do you know yet?
Tom

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alternatively- if you're really clever- slip into the boss's office and change the 'x' to an 'r' on all the paperwork for the new office location and hey presto you'll be located in one of the best cod beaches in the country
Well thats an idea! especially as I am responsible for organising and communicating with the moving companies! might lose my job all toghether but hey, at least I can pick my own spot then!

jan

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
you could go down the electronic angling side of life,seeing as you inland,

metal detecting.

i do it on both fronts beach and farmland and its like fishing once you start,as you dont know what your gonna (catch)find.from flint to roman to modern stuff.

but once the desire to travel subsides youll look for something new.
and join the rest of us swingers in the fields. :) :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Skipperboy I live in Oxford and me and my mate Rob, regularly (at least every couple of weeks )fish the South Coast, mostly weekday evenings though, but you would be welcome to tag along, as has been said already its not all doom and gloom you have easy access to the South Wales coast, the Bristol Channel and of course all of the South Coast. Within two hours you will be spoilt for choice boat fishing wise and as Tom says some great coarse fishing.Any idea where you might be moving to or where your lab is going to be located. If you want any inside info on areas to live in drop me a line. On a big plus side you should be moving down bang smack in the middle of the smouthhound season.

Regards

Gareth

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Skipperboy I live in Oxford and me and my mate Rob, regularly (at least every couple of weeks )fish the South Coast, mostly weekday evenings though, but you would be welcome to tag along, as has been said already its not all doom and gloom you have easy access to the South Wales coast, the Bristol Channel and of course all of the South Coast. Within two hours you will be spoilt for choice boat fishing wise and as Tom says some great coarse fishing.Any idea where you might be moving to or where your lab is going to be located. If you want any inside info on areas to live in drop me a line. On a big plus side you should be moving down bang smack in the middle of the smouthhound season.

Regards

Gareth
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Thanks Gareth! The lab is moving to centre of Oxford. So I will be looking for something near centre. I will keep you on your word! I'll contact you when I settled there and we'll go for a session. Coarse fishing is a mystery to me especially what the legislation is so I will have to read a bit before I go out or see the oxford jail from the inside :)

cheers

jan

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
take up a bit of course fishing thers some lovely spots around ther!
and when you get the chance hit the sea!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts