World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm packing up my rods and going to start a new life on Perth, fishing is my life so of corse I'm excited to get started in oz!!

I'm a shore angler and have been for some years.
I want to no if it's worth me takeing my fishing gear with me or will this gear not be suited to the type of fishing over there??

I use multis slosh 20s mostly and slosh 30s for the rougher ground (and bigger fish) fixed spool for spinning/float fishing
Rods grays Orion m2 4-6oz casting for light ground and Ron Thompson axelleiaton 4-8oz casting for the rough ground
Would this gear be any good?

Plus any advice on rigs and bait would be grate?

Thanks in advance and happy fishing

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sam
Good luck on your move to Perth. I am also from Devon (Plymouth) and left UK in 1979.
After a 6 year stay in New Zealand and Fiji I moved to Perth in 1985. NEVER LOOKED BACK.
As for the fishing. Locally it it OK, but as you move away it get better and better.
I would guess most of your tackle will be OK, as any 8-15lb rod and ABU 7000 style are all OK.
As I mentioned the further north you go the better it gets, but, Australia is HUGE. and when i say further north I'm talking 12 hours north.
Mind you this will land you on one of the worlds greatest "Land Based Games Fishing" spots. Shark Bay (Steeppoint.com.au)
Have a look at the website. Read the forums.
If you want to contact me personally please do so, I have no problems giving you any advise on any matter regarding your move to Perth.
PM me with your details and as I said, ANY questions as this is a life changing move you are about to make.

Stax

·
Registered
129 Posts
The swell will be something you've never experienced.

There were some sad posts on a Western Australian fishing forum about a British fellow who moved to Oz and was having the time of his life until the swell took him from the rocks-Never Ever turn your back on the ocean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stax
Thank u it's much appreciate! I will not hesitate to contact u for any query I may have.
What sort of rigs work best for bottom fishing? Did u use fishing tactics from the uk over oz?

Whalebreath, I have heard the sea over there is a lot more unforgiving as a angler I no the sea is not to be taken for granted!! We have been battered by storms over the past few months, the worst iv ever seen, a few sadly lost there lives due to mostly stupidity. The sea is deadly and we should all tread it with respect!!

Tight lines

1 - 4 of 4 Posts