World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fancied a run out today and with Westerly winds forecast this morning thought it was worth a go for a Bass. Venue was Mawbray, fishing ragworm on a 3/0 pulley pennel on the flood tide.

Hell of a walk as ever down to the water’s edge, set up amongst some gullies running up and down the beach and was cast in for low tide. Had a bite first cast which turned into a plump little Bass of a pound-and-a-half or so, which swam off again strongly. That was followed by a missed bite second cast, and nothing for the next ninety minutes. By this stage, fishing the flood tide on such a flat beach was taking its toll and I was knackered from constantly being on the move, so decided to change venue.

Moved a couple of miles down the coast to Dubmill point, and set up fishing right on the point on stony ground with sand behind. Proved to be pretty quiet and with a bit of weed knocking around which was a bit of a pain but not too bad. Landed a specimen water-filled-bin-bag-fish amongst the weed which gave a good account of itself, then managed a nice plump flounder shortly before I called it a day an hour before high water.

As I was heading home saw quite a few other anglers out just South of the point, wonder how they got on. Shame I didn’t manage a better Spikey, but could have been worse.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
nice lyle bass - tidy flounder A. but you cant beat the arld black bags for a good fight. nice one.:thumbs:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good effort, shame you didn't get one or two more! I will be out early this week some time in a similar location, if I do half as well, I will be happy, prefer the bassy half mind you!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Excellent effort and you been rewarded with a bass and flounder. Great pics too. Well done.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nice day out there and a couple of fish, pleased to see there's still a bass or 2 about. . I was along the coast road today and it did look like great conditions, quite a few out between Beckfoot and Dubmill. Roll on a couple of weeks time when the boats in the water!

·
Registered
205 Posts
fished beckfoot 1 up to high water and 2 down lost a slack liner felt like a good fish.blanked again bait was lug rag and crab.

·
Registered
392 Posts
nice to see married life isnt keeping you housebound mate, hope that bin bag was returned to fight another day.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice to see married life isnt keeping you housebound mate, hope that bin bag was returned to fight another day.
Ha ha she's away this weekend so I didn't even require a pass mate. Yeah the bag was only lightly hooked so went back OK!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well done steve marra,long walk out was worth it.
Just about mate. On the way out I'd been walking 15 mins and still couldn't see the sea, half considered turning round and going back to the car. I was sweating like a fat lass in Greggs by the time I got there.

G

·
Just about mate. On the way out I'd been walking 15 mins and still couldn't see the sea, half considered turning round and going back to the car. I was sweating like a fat lass in Greggs by the time I got there.
lol i,ll bet matey.must admit that walk out there isnt my cup o tea like.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts