World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You may be aware that MP's will be debating the bass regulations this coming Thursday in Westminster.

Regardless of your views about the AT or BASS, take this opportunity to request your local MP to attend and play an active role in this debate.

Let them know YOUR views, whether or not they differ from BASS or even the AT, this way we may have a true representative debate on our future recreational bass fisheries.

http://ow.ly/Y1aWp

G

·
Hi Reg, I am 100% up for the current restrictions on recreational bass angling, anglers have to lead from the front.
I personally feel that if we have zero quota if makes it pretty clear that the further decline of bass stocks will be as a result of commercial activity.
The further lobbying by the angling community will then be much easier on the basis that the further restrictions will have to be on the commercial fishermen.
I usually support the angling trust and feel that you personally do a great job (and cant believe the amount of s111t you get) but on this occasion I want to see what happens if the stock declines further...... the politicians are left with one option.... a commercial bass ban or collapse of the fishery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.