World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi guys,
Planning a trip down to mull of galloway next week. Can anyone help with preffered bait, type of catches to expect and whether there is accomodation in the area??? Any info at all would be a great help..</font>

J

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi just read your mail have you loked at the web site for the mull &nbsp;of galloway I just a look just by typing in mull of galloway there&#39;s loads in there good luck</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>Yeah found their site jury thanks. Would still like to find out a little more about the place though i.e. how its fishing right now and is there good access for beach fishing.. Many thanks all the same and have a nice day&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</font>

·
Registered
615 Posts
hi mate iam off to the mull of gallowy next weekend stopping at sandsofluce caravan site i always go to the mull of gallowy to fish i have a little mark up there u can catch mosst spieces dog fish pollock rass macky and i have seen a tope landed there its a brill spot

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Going over Sat 03 May for the month to our caravan in Drummore on the Clashwhannon site. Will PM you my mob. Our van is No 5 on the top site,feel free to give me a knock if you are driving past :) Will give you any advice you need

John

·
Registered
69 Posts
I live in Southampton and have just returned from a gruelling trip up to M.O.G. for 4 days fishing. We stay in a chalet(basic but nice) in Ardwell and to start we went to see Tim for the local advice, he said we were a little early and there was not much about (how right was he) we started on the yellow rock (Isle) in Portpatrick, first cast a nice pollack which was returned as we thought we were in for a good trip, that was the one and only fish we saw despite trying, must have been almost every mark around, from the point back to Port Logan, Sandhead, Ardwell bay............Despite the beautifull area, it is still too early to get any decent fish, as I learnt to my cost. I will go back up there but will research first

·
Registered
797 Posts
I live in Southampton and have just returned from a gruelling trip up to M.O.G. for 4 days fishing. We stay in a chalet(basic but nice) in Ardwell and to start we went to see Tim for the local advice, he said we were a little early and there was not much about (how right was he) we started on the yellow rock (Isle) in Portpatrick, first cast a nice pollack which was returned as we thought we were in for a good trip, that was the one and only fish we saw despite trying, must have been almost every mark around, from the point back to Port Logan, Sandhead, Ardwell bay............Despite the beautifull area, it is still too early to get any decent fish, as I learnt to my cost. I will go back up there but will research first
if anyone's planning a trip to m.o.g. area it's best to wait till may as the fishing start's to pick up then

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
if anyone's planning a trip to m.o.g. area it's best to wait till may as the fishing start's to pick up then
Correct card, I go over on Sat for 4 weeks. Will have a few tentative outings as soon as I get there and will report in.

Still not too sure about internet access at the Clash so if stumped will text Guy the craic and he will report in :sun:

Wish me well!!! Will try the wall mark first to see if the mackies are there in numbers. After that will prob have my "bass heed" blinkers on :nerd:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Correct card, I go over on Sat for 4 weeks. Will have a few tentative outings as soon as I get there and will report in.

Still not too sure about internet access at the Clash so if stumped will text Guy the craic and he will report in :sun:

Wish me well!!! Will try the wall mark first to see if the mackies are there in numbers. After that will prob have my "bass heed" blinkers on :nerd:
See you over the weekend some time

Had a quick look around on Monday.

Plenty of Mackerel and Launce and plenty of small Pollack to 4.5 pounds. Another fortnight should see the bigger fish coming onto the feed.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
See you over the weekend some time

Had a quick look around on Monday.

Plenty of Mackerel and Launce and plenty of small Pollack to 4.5 pounds. Another fortnight should see the bigger fish coming onto the feed.
different standards ian cause thats a big pollock to me:g:im going to head down the mog alot this summer so hoping for a few of they big pollock:thumbs:

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Snatcher

The internet connection at sand head is good it’s in the church, well if this works it is!!!! you can also a say prayer for some good weather,

Been out few times in the bay this week as the expert Ian says needs to warm up a little, Logan is doing well when you can get out, reports of one boat landing 40 cod at portpatrick, at first it sounds good but do we really need to take that many? If it’s true.

Seen your photo in Tims yesterday with a nice Pollock, he said you borrowed it from him for the photo?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts