World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished today from 2pm to 6pm ,tide was at its lowest but fished anyway.set up spinning rod & a float for my son(aged 9 ) .I blanked but my son didn't, on his first cast he got a good(very good)pollock:clap3.We had a good day & I look forward to my next lesson.

Attachments

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
wow...... what a pollock ,nice catch

I hate it when my son out fishes me too!!!!!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Nice fish, did you fish off the front down the lighthouse? I heard one bloke had a few big pollock to 5lb there last week and a few mackerel aswell. Had a few pollack off the boat to 4lb out of Logan, but for the time of year and from the shore thats a fish to be proud of.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice fish, did you fish off the front down the lighthouse? I heard one bloke had a few big pollock to 5lb there last week and a few mackerel aswell. Had a few pollack off the boat to 4lb out of Logan, but for the time of year and from the shore thats a fish to be proud of.
yes, below lighthouse,unfortunate that tide was out,would have liked to fish it on the rise.Bait was float fished sandeels.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
You get some monster conger there plus some good wrasse too there, but thats later on in the year. Had heard that one guy had taken some mackerel off the end of the Mull last week to.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Nice fish - well done :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
crackin pollock there for the wee man :clap3: keeps them coming back!!:notworthy

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
mark looks very like lagvag point to me more towards the tide rip below helicopter landing pad great mark if im rightand more importantley great fish for the wee man nice one

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well done to my nephew for teaching his auld da a lesson:boxing: ,good to see fathers and sons fishing and passing on the knowledge from generation to generation.:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well done to my nephew for teaching his auld da a lesson:boxing: ,good to see fathers and sons fishing and passing on the knowledge from generation to generation.:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
if you want lessons he will be glad to teach you:fishing: lol

·
Registered
456 Posts
how do the kids do it.....us dads show them how to put the rod together to put the trace on and show them how to put the bait on and then cast it out????????but for some how thay catch more fish than us wot the f;ck do thay do :2: :2: :2: us to get some stick when went home from the wife u will be the same tack 4 or does the wife now wot is comeing now must be used to it now:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fished today from 2pm to 6pm ,tide was at its lowest but fished anyway.set up spinning rod & a float for my son(aged 9 ) .I blanked but my son didn't, on his first cast he got a good(very good)pollock:clap3.We had a good day & I look forward to my next lesson.

That's a cracker, well done :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
It looks steep, but it aint that bad when you walk down it. You will see a path down near the end of the Helicopter station and you just follow that down. West Tarbet is a decent mark though. Not as many pollack perhaps but there are some big fish there, there are also a good head of wrasse and congers there too. Caught a lot of dogfish and some smaller huss there. Last year a lad i know also caught a small ling there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts