World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i mentioned bk last year, i am goin to be doin a meet down a local pond known to the locals as the ( Triangle Pond)

This is a non fished pond at around 2 achers big and 30 ft deep in some spots, its a mixture of salt and fresh water, the salt water enters it via a storm pipe or a over flow pipe from the river, it holds cracking mullet, carp , eels and bass this time of year.

I Will be goin down some time this week to bash out the parth way to the pond as it grows every year with bamboos.

Anyone wanting a exciting day out pond/sea fishing let me know biggest mullet iv had from there just over 7lbs and iv seen carp upto 24lbs caught by my mates there, never know what your goin to catch!

We could do a little meet up if theres anyone on here after mullet carp or whtever is lerking there. place hold a few anglers as you can only fish 2 spots due top the drop around the pond

let me know

JaY

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry its in neath!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi dean! ar not to my know how mate but like i say i dunt know what is in there all together,
iv caught Mullet Bass Eels Carp and perch in there.

Very few peeps know about it the ones who do must know theres big eels there coz iv seen wire traces left on the bank with massiv hooks in them and packets of makeral on the floor ?

i just use bread down there for the mullet i did use a plug last summer and lost a massive fish no idea what it was? sum peeps say theres massive sewin in there?

im up for fishing it wenever? was goin to do a lil meet so peeps can fish it then after they find out about it.

if i fish it next week il be baiting it up 2 days b4 i go

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Hey jay, Would love to come but im going down to devon next week carping for a long weekend, anywhere i can get carp and mullet at the same time... Bonjour!

But that being said i've had a a bit of a chat with some of the baliffs from SAC and they've said that the management at the metel box get a little funny with people fishing there due to a incident last year, or the year before where somones line got sucked into the machinery in the metal box and well caused alot of problems.

That being said, not being allowed to fish somewheres never stopped anyone really has it. Let me know how you get on yeah :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
hi big-jay
ifthe trip is next week tuesday wednesday or thursday i will be able to come
hope for mullet or perch on the spinning gear.will keep an eye on the forum or pm me
abu

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey jay, Would love to come but im going down to devon next week carping for a long weekend, anywhere i can get carp and mullet at the same time... Bonjour!

But that being said i've had a a bit of a chat with some of the baliffs from SAC and they've said that the management at the metel box get a little funny with people fishing there due to a incident last year, or the year before where somones line got sucked into the machinery in the metal box and well caused alot of problems.

That being said, not being allowed to fish somewheres never stopped anyone really has it. Let me know how you get on yeah :)
my uncle was "management" until last year of the metal box took retierment, and they have not used the pond to cool off machenery for over 8 years.... so i thinkj they were winding you up or more than likely lieing to you im sure they tried to get the pond so they could take control over it, so basicaly if they cant have the water for they club skewen dont want anyone to fish there!

the baliffs dont even ask for permits on the waters they have anyway lol i fished all last year wiovout a skewen permit :) theres possiblay 3 decent spots you can fish from on their waters and i aint paying no 28 quid to do that im sorry....

anyways im looking to fish there somtime next week hopfully when the sun pops back out

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Guess my sources are wrong... Weathers a bit all over the place over the next few days, i hope it brightens up next week for my trip away looking over swansea bay atm and it looks like a chocolatey colour :/ Really wanna try that triangle pond, if its anything like the docks with its hotwater outlet will be hell of a place!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i fished the half round with my mate last year a few times found it not the best had a decennt 13lber tho on bread flake at the top right hand side were its like the little circular pool...

I mainly fish the ferry canal its a cracking place to fish , Carp upto 9lb 7oz tench to 6lb 4oz bream to 4lb ( These are my biggets they go bigger in there ) i put a pic up a few days ago of the tench i had!

but you catch everything down there iv had jack pike on maggots, rudd, perch u name it its there.

I dont think they have the Gnoll, i know they have the square pond, neath to briton ferry canal and thas it to my knowledge ?

i fish ruffly 3 times a week weather it be sea or course but if im out down there it is.

it's mainley 4ft deep with spots upto 7ft deep i just fish with a waggler and sweet corn with light line for a good scrap!

heres the tench ( pic aint the best quality as i used my mrs camera 4n as my battery died)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Bloomin eck 3 times a week, i want your life, lol well in the summer i fish most days as im off uni, and work in the evenings. biggest ive had out of the half round is 15lb, i only surface fish down there. my mate comes down with me every so oftan, i hate it when he comes down, last time he came down i was fishing all evening on the top, lost 2 fish, first putin with bread flake for him he hooks and lands a 17lb mirror... i hate him!

Is it only around neath you course fish?
I think im wrong about the knoll, i think its run by neath council.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no mate i fish everywere and anywere, we shall have to meet up and do a spot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts