World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a forum for help for beginers etc but I thought I 'd start off this thread for the welsh and mainly those forum members who Mullet fish west of swansea. The question is in the title? Do I need a special rod? What state of the tide? Day or night? And lastly but most important where. I took a walk around Burry Port harbour/ marina yesterday and didn't see any fish. is it still too early in the year? Where do mullet go in the winter? Float or light ledger what is the best? I expect loads of posts on this thread people so lets keep them relevant to the question asked

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I know there is a forum for help for beginers etc but I thought I 'd start off this thread for the welsh and mainly those forum members who Mullet fish west of swansea. The question is in the title? Do I need a special rod? What state of the tide? Day or night? And lastly but most important where. I took a walk around Burry Port harbour/ marina yesterday and didn't see any fish. is it still too early in the year? Where do mullet go in the winter? Float or light ledger what is the best? I expect loads of posts on this thread people so lets keep them relevant to the question asked
Hi roger i go for the mullet around june time in barry docks i use a bread sack for gound baiting i put it in the night before i go then fish it early in the mor say about 4am till it gets two light or late evenings hook size 6 or 8 mate fish can be at diff highs in the water so you have two keep moveing your float untill you fine them and my line i use is only 4lb tight lnes

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hiya Rog, the mullet havnt gone anywhere this winter, theres still a few up the creeks in carew, mainly if its cold they migrate down to the channel islands, as for tackle ive always used a feeder or carp rod approx 12 ft with a small fixed spool loaded with no more than 6lb, flurocarbon is your best bet, normally float wise a clear drennan (self loaded) waggler is the best with hooks around a size 8 to 12, maddies and bread are the best, ground baiting previous days before have helped me with, bread,macky,pilchard oil and old ragworm, and another tip always take a good landing net, with mullet patience is the name of the game!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts