World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well back down to my spot this morning, took a mate along, first time his been fishing in ages and he has never caught anything, so he caught a little flounder and a sole, gets him off the mark. But i was more concerned about the mullet been a no show. Been there about 3 hours, the tide had turned and nothing, until..............

Spotted this big old f**k off great big mullet surface, twice the size of the other one i had the other week. I hooked it once and had a 30 sec battle with it, it was jumping out the water like a swordfish does then lost it, gutting or what, thought thats it, missed my chance. 10 mins later it was back again, surprising, didnt think id see it again.

Then another smaller mullet turned up but still a good size, they starting playing around, i think the big one was telling it to pi** off as i didnt see it again. Anyway, back he was, picking the bread off, and wham, i hooked into it. After about 20 mins of playing the fish, bloody hassle it was, never played a fish that long in my life. Finally got it into the net and up the wall. Now looking at it on land it was a plump old thing, was expecting 8lb+, put it in the scales and it went up to 12/half lb, plus the net weighed a 1lb as weighed it separately on its own., so 11 and a half lb. Absolutely chuffed to bits. Very Happy dont think i will beat that. Returned alive for another day.

Maybe one for the specimen list?

Sorry for pics, done on camera phone

·
Banned
755 Posts
Hi bud,
That is a fantastic fish, an absolute monster. Have caught a few Mullet myself, but not in that league. The fight must have been bl**dy hard. Well done that man, well done.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
10/10 well done nice fish and nice hear it was returned safe and sound

·
Registered
183 Posts
That is an awesome fish mate well done. also kudos on returning it alive, i have lots of respect for anglers who give specimen fish a chance to be caught again.

·
Registered
851 Posts
What a cracking fish....:clap::clap:

Top draw fishing to lad a Mullet that size:thumbs::fishing1:

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, best sea fish ive had by far, well, if you count the thames at gravesend as sea :bleh:

The fight, look at me, i think i lost the weight what the fished weighed in the battle :D took my a while to recover, with the adrenaline etc, good buzz.

Record, i couldnt care less, my record anyway. If i was that much of a glory hunter i would of killed it and took it home. No worries doing that with a nice ray/bass etc which you will eat, mullet, heard they not to good so i dont fancy trying one either. Get just as much satisfaction seeing it swim off as i do catching it. :thumbs:

G

·
Cracking fish, well done :)

I have seen them of a similar size to yours in the wellington dock at Dover, by that de bradleigh wharf shopping place.
They were jumping out of the water catching flies I think, quite spectacular to watch.

Trouble is you can't fish there..

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Hope it drives you mad trying to catch a bigger one!!! Is there such a thing as Mullet envy? Well done m8y :thumbs::clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Cracking one KM, well done, been watching along that stretch for a few weeks now but not seen to many.
Normally fish further up along the other side but you get the w*****s which are a pain but only had them to the 5lb mark this year.
Good size torpedoes in the Medway docks yesturday but you can't fish anywhere along there now.

Will be trying this evening along that stretch as long as the wind stays low.

WW

G

·
well done Glen,looks like we will be addressing you as the MATSAC mullet miester in the future :clap::clap::clap:
:crazy::wheelchai
P.S. you did'nt have your foot on the net when you weighed it did you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I only know of 2 places really around the area, And in the canal basin aswell ive seen a few swimming around, but not to big. Never tried in there either.

And peter, i thought it was around 8lb but as soon as it was on the deck i knew it was a double, if it was 8 9 10lb then that whats it would of gone down as even that would be a cracking fish. That scales dont lie and im not one of them people either ;) :D

G

·
very well done glenn, what a fish, kicks the crap outa my mullet. are you fishing the grain match tonight?
do you know of anyone from the medway area who would be willing to give me a lift? many thanx and well done.

will93

1 - 20 of 22 Posts