World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to have my first Mullet trip of the year yesterday. It was a glorious day, calm, so ideal to fish Bideford quay. Got to the mark and mashed up a loaf of bread, chucked it straight in. The bread was gently swirling in the tide whilst decending to the bottom.I tackled up within five minutes with an onion float fished at 10`on a 13`float rod.Within five minutes, had my fist bite, missed it.:blink: Baited up again, another bite, missed it:uhuh: Baited up again,bite! bingo! we`re in. After a grand scrap my first Mullet of the season, a little over 2lb.
This looks promising, 15 minutes and a fish!
`Hello mate, that`s a nice fish`a voice comes up from beneath me.`sorry but we are mooring our four inflatable boats here now. We are from the activity centre and we are going to be jumping off the bridge`
`You got to be joking`I replied.
`no, sorry dude`
What a great day, I couldn`t argue the toss as the boats were full of kids. So I moved up to the other end of the quay where I caught 10 small Bass before the tide got too low to fish.Who says fishing is stress free!

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
hi jimaaah try further down the river, there is a wall to fish off of by a slipway in behind the council offices on a housing estate ,this weekend will be ideal as neaps and the fish come up to the wall in a couple of feet of water,saw some nice fish there couple a days ago.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
nice mullet that im yet to catch one in saltwater:sad2: if a dodgy looking geezer in a scruffy looking nightfreight lorry comes over when your fishing next and starts being nosy don't worry its only me, i pass through bideford every day and im always looking out for people fishing:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts