World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to throw some decent slices of bread in barry Dock last night/this morning, the result:

2 mullet: 2lb and 1 1/2lb
1 very small shad type fish!

On light gear, I was using only 6lb line, the 2lb'er was pulling line off against the drag, what great fun on light gear!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice one son never tryed mullet fishing but it sounds fun:laugh::victory:
They can be very frusttrating, just watch our 'enry trying for them, as I said on 6lb line and correctly set drag they are awesome fun, adn, I have christened my new rod in style. I know they are only small but still full of fight!

·
Premium Member
38,517 Posts
Nice session, mullet certainly know how to pull your string, great fighters. :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice session, mullet certainly know how to pull your string, great fighters. :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
Even though it was only 2lb, I was using only 6lb line a lightly set clutch. Trying to net the booger was fun though, in one hand was my rod bucking away like a good, in the other trying to get the landing net in place.

Great fun and I wish I had tried a few years ago. All I want now is one of at least 5lb to pull my string!

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
Im hooked on mullet fishing now after the last one i caught, never really tried it before this summer, been going to a little spot in my local area over the past weeks and had a couple, off down there again in a mo.

Ive heard all about alderney, great mullet place, some proper monsters have came out of there wouldnt mind taking a trip out there myself.

And nice one bushmeat, im sure a 5lb + one will come your way if you keep at it. And yes its a nightmare trying to get em in the net, i use a drop net as to high up for a landing net and its a mission, handy if you got a mate around to do that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where I go I have seen 7lb'ers come out, I have seen bigger mullet just cruising, now that would be a challenge to hook and land one of those bigger ones!

·
Team Banter
4,845 Posts
welldone on the mullet mate ,fantastic scrappers .going for a sess on them in the morn .my mate dropped one on thurs night about 6 lb .line snapped when he tried to lift it d...head forgot his net ,tightlines foreshore

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welldone on the mullet mate!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yip Alderney is amazing!!! We are going over in February as the winter months holds the biggest fish!!!!
Cant wait -

·
Registered
4 Posts
They can be very frusttrating, just watch our 'enry trying for them, as I said on 6lb line and correctly set drag they are awesome fun, adn, I have christened my new rod in style. I know they are only small but still full of fight!
im on the mullet every day down barry docks and its alive with them .bass aint coming out as good as last couple of years so i switched to the mullet great fun 8lb the biggest so far and a lot over 5lb.mad mitch of barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im on the mullet every day down barry docks and its alive with them .bass aint coming out as good as last couple of years so i switched to the mullet great fun 8lb the biggest so far and a lot over 5lb.mad mitch of barry
As I have only just started on the mullet trail, I now have something to aim for. I am just getting used to the tackle etc.

Some very nice fish there!:victory:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts