World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) i went fishing on the north walk, tenby fished the last hour up and then down for about 2 hours.the mullet were circaling round the baits and takin the odd bait but spitting it out!i hate whitings dad hooked 1 but it got a way.after the sunn had got a bit lower and there was less light the mullet started to feed but i hate whiting and i still hadnt caught a fish!we stayed for a bit longer hopefull of a mullet wen 1 came rite up to my and hoovered up my bread flake!in the water it looked quite small but wen it was landed it was 5lb and i was chuffed!hahaha i hate whiting didnt catch any thing!!!lol!!and it was my first mullet!! :)

rh

:)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
nice one mate... have been stalking the mullet up the long arm for weeks.. not a sausage.. or even a mullet lol. been trying on a match rod... bought one of these european rods today a telescopic..... 6m in total.. go figure 120 g max !!! well an hoping i can just plop the bread on the little bleeders noses... but we'll have to see tomorrow.:D

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Well done lads mullet are a good laugh arent they I donnt do all that much mullet fishing but when youve got them feeding they are quite easy to hook getting them in is a nother matter i have doone better with bread paste not bread flake dont try for the loners wait and till theres a shoal of around 5 or 6 then drop your bread paste right in the middle of the shoal they will compete for it then it is no good going for loners they are really finicky for it then. also strike at them when they start mouthing the bread i struck at all mine last summer and only lost 2 give them quite a bit of stick dont let them run all over the place i use a size 4 hook not a size 12 and 10lb line straight through i havent had any hook pulls yet i havent found the lips on them all that soft mullet have a lot of weight to them so always weigh them hope this helps a bit rh a ihw we will have to go mullet fishing some time this holiday when my neck gets a bit better though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts