World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started in laser again at about half three, fishing with a mate whod never fished for mullet before, took a while to get the bites going but eventually they started,my mate hooked one a was promptly in the net ,it was a small one at 2 n a half pound,but he was well chuffed. we stayed for a couple of hours with no more bites and so decided to move over to lloyds. was fishing here for bout an hour before a bite which took the bait straight away,15mins later i had a nice plump 6lb 1oz mullet in the net. we stayed a bit longer but had no more bites. will be back again tommorrow. 002.jpg 003.jpg

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
nice one lucky.lets hope the good fishing carries on at the weekend mate.
all hail lucky the king of the mullet catchers :notworthy:notworthylol keep it up m8 well done nice to take someone thats not done it before and get a result :clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehe,the king is by far km puggy. did you not see hes monster mullet? im taking another mullet virgin tommorrow,hes biggest ever fish is a small dogfish,god knows what hed do if he hooked a mullet

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
go on lucky do it again tomorrow and we will all bow to you your highness lol good luck m8 no pressure :)

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
Nice mullet there, at least you dont blank when you go for them, like i have done, about 6 trips, 4 = blanks. I have only caught 2 in my life, but the 2nd one, well, doubt i will every beat it. And very well played to the person who does :thumbs:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
id never caught them till a guy showed me how to about 3 years ago,it really is simple,but if you dont know then its not that easy. im just taking advantage of the good settled weather really,and seein as i live 2mins from medway city estate which has plenty of good mulleting spots,thats where i go. am tempted to keep one to eat but wouldnt know how to make it taste like a fish rather then a pile of s##t.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
sorry m8 cant help you on that one not eaten one myself yet lol good luck on you next trip
tight lines

G

·
id never caught them till a guy showed me how to about 3 years ago,it really is simple,but if you dont know then its not that easy. im just taking advantage of the good settled weather really,and seein as i live 2mins from medway city estate which has plenty of good mulleting spots,thats where i go. am tempted to keep one to eat but wouldnt know how to make it taste like a fish rather then a pile of s##t.
pm ron and ask him.i'm sure he'd have a good idea mate.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i didnt manage any tonight,had loadsa bites,managed to hook one on me last drop,got it to the net and tangled the line in the net somehow,couldnt free it so lifted it out and the fish came off,wasnt big,maybe 4 or 5 pound,nevermind

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
From what I have been told, do net eat mullet from areas with muddy bottoms or that feed from the areas round sewer pipes as thay taste of what they feed from, either mud ot the smelly stuff, but mullet from clean areas with sandy bottoms are suppose to be very tasty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts