World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in search of mullet yesterday. Having tried a couple of time earlier this year, I thought I would try a new venue and went to an estuary.

Got down to a mark and there were quite literally hundreds of mullet in the pool. Got them on the feed and had several bites, but no hook-ups.

Move around to another spot as the tide dropped and put a couple of breadcrumb balls to get the fish on the feed again. Took a little longer, but there was soon a huge mullet sucking the break off my hook!! This one looked a little different as it appeared to have a bronze back? After cleaning my hook of bread several times it took off as a pair of Swans moved in and proceeded to clean up the ground bait.

I move 1/4 mile to another spot and coaxed a few in to feed, which was promptly ruined by the swans again.

Wind picked up and put a chop on the previously mirror-like water so I packed up and went home for a cup of tea.

Despite not catching and the session being ruined by a pair of hungry swans it was fantastic!! Seeing a mullet as thick as your arm take your bait certainly raises the adrenalin!! Frustrating as hell! I can't wait to get back!

·
Registered
24,896 Posts
Hope you land a good one soon mate! :fishing:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts