World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order the Imax 15ft surf twin tip rod and I also wish to get a feel with it but I'm stuck between the tronixpro envoy mag and the Shimano beast master xsa , both look like good reels but I cannot make up my mind ! what reel should I chose ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've not used either myself but if you do go for the Tronix have a look at the video here. This guy shows you how to upgrade the mag system.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
The Tronixpro sort of casts OK once dabbled with!...But well for a while....but it's the reeling in part that gets interesting as it gets rather noisey and rough and ends up an ornament.

Myself I'd go with a 2nd hand 65 size reel from abu/Akios etc if you want small even the Penn 5 series mk2 makes more sense?
Mind if I was in that area I'd go with a Fathom!
Or go with Grinder braid works OK can go either straight or lighter with leader plus 2nd spool can have mono on.

Take it going new what sort of cash you got for reels as lots of deals out there

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Agreed I'd like to try a fathom next me thinks, good looking reel that looks like it will last the test of time

·
Banned
2,351 Posts
I'm going to order the Imax 15ft surf twin tip rod and I also wish to get a feel with it but I'm stuck between the tronixpro envoy mag and the Shimano beast master xsa , both look like good reels but I cannot make up my mind ! what reel should I chose ?
I know what you are going through, everytime I buy something I tell the girl in the shop I wish to get a feel with it...no luck as yet :oops::oops:

If we are talking reels though get the Shimano. If you want a multiplier hunt out a Penn 525 or Slosh any anything that isn't called Tronixpro within your budget.

That Tronixpro is a paperweight made to resemble a multiplier although if you bought a couple of treble hooks you could always use it as a pirk.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I know what you are going through, everytime I buy something I tell the girl in the shop I wish to get a feel with it...no luck as yet :oops::oops:

If we are talking reels though get the Shimano. If you want a multiplier hunt out a Penn 525 or Slosh any anything that isn't called Tronixpro within your budget.

That Tronixpro is a paperweight made to resemble a multiplier although if you bought a couple of treble hooks you could always use it as a pirk.
It's not heavy enough alloy is too light!
Picked my red 65 hispeed up its heavier than similar tronix so heavens knows what it's made or not from?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Heard some good reports about the guerrilla apparently it's a nice casting rod and good for the money, not sure what rings they use on it, personally not a fan of the sl20sh reels

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
ive found the slosh 20 very easy to cast with,does sit a bit high on the rod tho,penn 525 mk 1 nice reel,myself i like penn 515 mag 2,the abu 6500 range are ok as long as you dont use em as a winch,same goes for the daiwa 7ht original,i aint tried the fathom but ive herd very good things about em,i see a guy using one of them tronix reels last year he said they are great reels and he has had it for about six months,well it looked like he must of been drying it in the tumble dryer with a bag of shingle and the cage was rusty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts