World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody got any views on multi-tiped boat rods and any recommendations would be helpful

I have seen the grauvel in use but infact three on the same boat, but on each rod the yellow tip broke

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
hi gilstev,

i had the grauvell rod but gave it away as i didn't like it, and the guy i gave it too snapped the yellow tip first trip...

i am now using an ABU one i got at anglesey last year, the only problem was it came out at 12 feet+ so i chopped 2 feet off the butt and it's now one of my favourite rods, it comes with 4 tips, 3 glass and the stiffest one is carbon.

problem is i can't remember the name on it and after chopping it down i have covered the decals with shrink tube....dohh!!

it should be in the ABU catalogue.

the lightest tip will only take about 2oz but the strongest tip (carbon) will take 12oz

hope this helps

les

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I got a Mustad multitip uptide braid rod this year, only used it a few times but so far well impressed with it. Used mainly for livebaiting for bass, but have had smal tope (20lb ish) on it as well as using it for float fishing for pollack and bream.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Ideal for me off the boat, I am not keen on longer rods, they get in the way. I use mine with the lighter tips with a baitrunner fixed spool and the heavy tip with an Abu 6600LD.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have been looking at a Fladen 10ft Maxximus Super Sensor multi-tip has any body got any comments?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts