World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound silly but I am going to put new line on my multiplier (Okuma Magnetix) but what knot should I use to attach the line to the spool. Any knots I have used in the past have been bulky and the line then gets all over the place with the first couple of turns on the reel. Is there a particular knot I should use to keep this neat?
I know it sounds daft but I don't know so I am asking.

Thanks in advance
Dougy

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
As there is very little chance of you ever exposing the spool until you change the line again - I would go for a little piece of electricians tape or similar to fix line to spool to start the wind on - well I do anyway.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I use a uni-knot as it pulls tight easily.

·
Registered
689 Posts
hi as said on here i use small bit of electic tape flat and smooth tightlines.bob

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
hi as said on here i use small bit of electic tape flat and smooth tightlines.bob
and when i cast it empty you had to paddle in the dam to get it back
he he he..
if useing tape go round the spool 2 times with the line under the tape ..

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
As there is very little chance of you ever exposing the spool until you change the line again - I would go for a little piece of electricians tape or similar to fix line to spool to start the wind on - well I do anyway.
exactly

i use a tiny bit of electricians tape on the spool to secure my line then just start filling the spool,no bulky knot or messing about laying line over a knot

·
Registered
330 Posts
if you use braid it can turn on the spool even when the spool is full so you think the clutch has gone.
i use masking tape so the braid grips on it and doesn't slip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts