• multiplier

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • fixed spool

Votes: 10 33.3%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
I'll normaly use a multiplyer for boat and rough ground fishing but I'm going to start and use a fixed spool for clean beach fishing. A small fixed spool is a must when spinning or float fishing.

The lighter I can fish the better as it ads to the feel when fishing for flatties or mackeral.

merry xmas

Doug

W

·
0 Posts
Sorry if this appears to be rude, but should ther not be the option for both!!!

Regards

Sam

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I agree with the last post. I use a multiplier most frequently through necessity but also use a range of fixed spools. Roughly speaking, my SL20 is for heavy rough/mixed, the 7HT and Biomaster overlap on clean ground, all lighter tackle is teamed up with other fixed spools. Perhaps there could also be an option for fly reels? Seem to use those a fair bit as well.
Basically, horses for courses.

Rhod.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dawia Emblem x 5500a loaded with whip las pro 55lbs braid.this reel is the brest masters of them all.With the 55lbs straight through, no worrys on shock leaders.and 9/10 times you can pull /straighten a 0.2 steel hook out of snags.I have also used the same reel set up for tope fishing last year and have caught tope to 40lbs.The next modal up from this reel is on sale from abc tackle shop for £45 and its less than half price to what i have paid 3 years ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
beefcake said:
i was wondering what sort of reel is most popular.
what reel do you have?
personaly i use a biomaster for most of my beach fishing and multi for boat fishing. there seems to be a lot of snobbery on this subject witch i dont understand. just use what you feel comfortable with!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Horses for courses is right, I use a fixed spool reel for bassing and breaming from a boat and multi with level wind for the rest of my boat fishing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Obviously, there are limitations in both - you wouldn't use a fixed spool reel for deep water wrecking for example (unless anyone knows differently).
I'd say use whatever you feel most comfortable with - I use both a baitcaster and fixed spool when spinning/plugging dependant on what I'm after and where I am. Fixed spools give me more distance, but again, depends where you are and what you're doing.
Funny, but I only got into baitcasters because I'm a leftie and do quite a bit of jerkbaiting when pike fishing, and so now it just feels right and I am becoming more and more attached to them as time goes on.
Try experimentation and perseverence.........

Just a thought.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts