World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all can any 1 recommend a good multiplier 2 me witch isnt 2 expensive and were i could get 1
cheers jake

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
hi all can any 1 recommend a good multiplier 2 me witch isnt 2 expensive and were i could get 1
cheers jake
hi jake, beach or boat multiplier ? if beach what sort of ground will you be fishing and if boat what class rod will you be matching it to ? A

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
For the beach. Daiwa 7HT £80 there or abouts, brilliant reel, not to complicated but casts well and easy to use.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi jake, beach or boat multiplier ? if beach what sort of ground will you be fishing and if boat what class rod will you be matching it to ? A
will be beach normally clean ground athough sumtimes snaggy

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
cheers mate v helpfull
i agree, black 7ht , you wont go far wrong. if you can stretch your budget penn 525 mag is the ultimate mixed ground reel tho A

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
Hello mate, why not have a look on fleabay? you can get second hand 7ht,s and mag elites for around £50. Both are good clean beach reels.

Mag elites might be a bit more comfortable to use though as most or them have got power handles, unlike the very small fiddley handles on the 7ht,s.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Okuma Magnetix, can be had for around £50, very robust, casts well and has the advantage of Mag Braking.
was going to suggest that reel but just doesn,t hold enough line A

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Go for a secondhand Mag elite. You won't go far wrong.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Okuma Magnetix, can be had for around £50, very robust, casts well and has the advantage of Mag Braking.
Only problem with these is that half are well made and the other half fall apart!!!! The mag elite is a far superior reel in all respects anyway.

G

·
the line level on the Okuma isn't so bad, put a quality line on with a reduced diameter and you'll get around 230/240 yards on. considering most mortals (if truth was told) would consider a cast of 150yards with bait extremely good, and rarely happens given wind and weather conditions, the reel would provide ample line capacity.

·
Registered
866 Posts
they got 3year warrtity so why worry had mine since they came out i reely abused them heavey rock fishing and ther still ok

G

·
cheers jake

As said before, someone will only reccomend what they use mate.
Any of the above will do the job, personal choice comes into it and only you can make that decision!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Magnetix all the way mate, Had a Mag 525 and sold it, not because there was anything wrong with it, just wasn't as good build quality as the Okuma and at three times (almost) the price, got shut before it fell to bits.

As for line quantity, well the 20 holds 170yds of 18lb and the mighty 30 holds 370yds of 20lb line, now if you can outcast that with a baited rig then you should join the national casting team Buddy.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If sub £80 is the budget I`d go for an Abu 6500 ct mag elite, If you can stretch to £100 then the Penn 525mag xtra would be a winner. The beauty of the abu is if you aint that experienced with multis you can put in both centrifugal brake blocks and turn the mags up to give you more control, once you`re comfortable with that after a few months remove a brake block & so on. The 525 doesn`t have any centrifugal brakes and takes a little bit of getting used to, the xtra comes with 2 extra mags in the kit which I`d strongly recommend fitting if you go for one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts