World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abu Garcia Classic 7000 Multiplier Reel left handed has anyone used one of these reels,was thinking of buying one for beachcasting and info please

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The 7000 in the photo is a right handed one , the left handed version is the 7001, the originals have been out since 1972 so pretty well tried and tested design although if you search the forums there are a few people who think the modern Taiwanese vesions are not a patch on the Swedish built versions.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
i bought a taiwanese one from ebay and had some problems with it but before i did what a great reel great for heavy work wacks big baits and leads out with ease im just a learner with multipliers but i felt comfortable with that im getting it serviced just now so im using a slosh 30 which is just as good mibbee better

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes midas i know thats a right handed one in pic could,nt find a left handed,one but don,t know it was a 7001 thanks for the info guys

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
They Are A Good Reel I Have A 7000 Myself I Use It Over Rough Ground Or On My Boat, As For Casting Dont Expect To Hit The Horizon

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
the 7000s have been a top reel for many years so you will have no problems with it as long as its going to be suited to the type of fishing you want it for.

if you are right handed you will have problems with a left handed reel.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I'm right handed and prefer a left handed reel.
thats great if it works for you. :)

just curious though.

have you used a multi before?

is it a fixed spool you have been using left handed. ie with the handle on the left side.

a fixed spool with the handle on its left side is actually a right handed reel.

i obviously dont know or anything about you so excuse these questions if you know exactly what your doing.

i dont want you spending your money on a reel thats not going to suit you later.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
It does make a change for someone to actually ask questions before buying a reel or rod instead of the usual "i just spent £300 on a zzip/Cono/Cent rod is it any good ?"

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
well im prodominatly Left handed but use my 7000,6500`s and other right handed reels with no problem`s whatsoever.
i can use a fs with the handle on either side with no noticable difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts