World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well trip to the mumbles on sunday was a bit of a strain.. got to the peir around 1045 ish... this was after 2 days of military precision planning ( iknow what you are thinking anything with that amount of planning is already doomed) well had to be so as i was taking the 8 yr old and he always shows me up;
like the time i took him spinning for bass near portsmouth harbour,.bought him a new spinning rod and real nice one too. and a couple of crab lines. he lost the **** and i got the rod and reel first ( funny that init) i put several pieces of squid on the crab lines and threw them into the drink... me am cating better than my normal s**t infact was beguinning to get hopeful at th easy of it and the smooth action i was replicating... mmm had watched old rex on sky and it seamed pretty close, not that i was expecting to kiss any fish was just hoping for one for herin doors.after a while i noticed that there was a shower of stones and small rocks comming my way and turned to notice the smallie boy next to me kicking the doo doo out of a post 'whats up mate i asked? its stuck dad cummon". i realed the spinner in and took hold of the crab line and pulled.. yeah i said theres lots of weed here i'll pull it up and throw it somewhere else mate.on retreval of the line low and behold there were 3 bass on it " for f**ks sake" i think the reply was. ok two were under 1/2 lb but the one was a 2.2 and nice looking schoolie. "here i said why dont you have a go with your spinner now mate".. " cool dad cheers.... i cast it out and handed him the rod and hurried over to the crab line and baited up sharply and threw it in near to the first . "dad i got it stuck".. " bloody ell mate hang on" ( you can see where this is going now can't ya.) pulled it in... a nice 2.5 bass this farce went on for a couple of hours.... i bagged up on sea weed and shore crab lol...... the son completely showed me up with six 2lb plus bass and numberous little ones under half pound.....we took his largest bass home to the wife ( good move) just to rub salt into an already open sore as we are walking back he says " dad do you wanna tell mum you caught it.. i wont say anything"....
so yes back to the mumbles i had got little boxes of alsots of things packed and made up float rigs and numberous little things and do- hickies.as we got to the bottom of the peir the chalk board show the species of fish caught in the last couple of days eexcellent i said to the bro who was looking down the peir... masses of people.. and so it seamed nearly all were fishing!! my god no good spots left.. the bro was mumbling about the fact that he had several rods in his bag i had 4 and the boys, more anglers were advancing from the car park.. had to think fast so plumped for bag of chips ( cant make choices on empty stomach) in the mean time more and more people with rods passed us some back in the direction of their cars... 'thats is said bro lets find some where close..... so we find our selves in port eynion on a lovely beach weather beautiful....... as a result summ total of the day lost numberous rigs and weights etc watched several people real in some nice fish... me..... yup you guessed right blanked my inept fishing strikes again. bro got sun burn and lost almost twice as much gear as me... the son well can't falt it he found a rapala lure and a surface popper in the rocks when he was playing and collected a bucket load of good sized shrimp and prawns. excellent day out though... nice beach lovely weather.

G

·
Apart from finding those lures, a bad day then :) That is why I rarely go down to the pier at this time of year, you will get every one down there.

One occasion springs to mind, it happened last year. There was me, float fishing on the left hand side at the end, catching fish nearly a chuck, some idiot above me, decided to cast his feathers very close to my float because I was catching fish and not him. Nearly everytime he tangle with my gear, my floats cost over £2 each. To cut a long story short, after about 3 tangles and a cut trace everytime, he was starting to get the mesage. the fourth time I cut his trace in half and reminded him that if I lost my float because of his actions I will have the money off him for my lost gear, he moved!

I now go down to the Short Arm, at only £26.50 per year, it can work out a lot cheaper than the pier!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got my long arm pass... 40 quid !!... where do you apply for a short arm pass?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Short arm permits,
0870 6096699
ask for swansea branch.
get them to send out application
:D

G

·
marcus said:
Just applied for mine......

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!..

Watch now though,,soon as i get my permit..

All the fish will disappear!..booo! :cool:
I had mine on Saturday, my first trip was Sunday, my next trip there is Thursday!

They are very quick at sending out the permits, I have been told to keep the permit on you at all times. Sometimes you can drive straight through and fish without being asked, but, just in case you get asked, and you havent got your permit on you, you WILL be kicked off!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will be on the long arm on sunday with the bro see if i can repeat our last expo.. 23 mackrel, 1 pollock, 1 gar fish and 1 conger that got away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts