World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to Mumbles yesterday for an afternoon on my mate's boat. After launching boat we found the engine wouldn't start and eventually had to be towed back in from near the pier. Fished knab rock instead as we had loads of bait.
Ended up as a good sesh as we caught about 20 pollack (up to 2 lb), 5 whiting, 1 pout, 1 codling and 1 dab.
All fish returned apart from 1 pollack.
Nearly all fish caught on mackerel strips.
In the end we were glad the engine failed. We probably wouldn't have caught so many fish!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Went down to Mumbles yesterday for an afternoon on my mate's boat. After launching boat we found the engine wouldn't start and eventually had to be towed back in from near the pier. Fished knab rock instead as we had loads of bait.
Ended up as a good sesh as we caught about 20 pollack (up to 2 lb), 5 whiting, 1 pout, 1 codling and 1 dab.
In the end we were glad the engine failed. We probably wouldn't have caught so many fish!
were by did u catch the pollack there mate ? i was fishing the pier yesterday

M

·
0 Posts
if your engine wouldnt start how did you get towed back in from by the pier and how towed you in?

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Well done mate on your fishing shame about the boat hope you have better look next time you go out on it tight lines

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two young blokes in a red rib towed us in at about 1.30. We'd rowed out about 30 yards and tried to start the engine but soon the wind had drifted us right down until we were about 100 yards from the pier. We chucked the anchor out until the kind blokes towed us in.:boat:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Two young blokes in a red rib towed us in at about 1.30. We'd rowed out about 30 yards and tried to start the engine but soon the wind had drifted us right down until we were about 100 yards from the pier. We chucked the anchor out until the kind blokes towed us in.:boat:
cumming to fink of it mate i saw the red rib dingy i was fishing the pier..it toweed u bk to the slip way by the life boat station the next one down soz .. aww well u had a better sess than i did off the pier

M

·
0 Posts
dont think im having a go at you mate when you launch you boat always start your engine on the slipway when your boat is in the water:) the rib that towed you in was mumbles yacht club saftey rib glad you got back safely mate:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts