World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chanced my arm today down at Knab Rock for a few hours in between the showers. Was hoping to pick up a Dab or two but as I got down there and saw the churned up, sandy coloured water and felt the stiff North Westerly blowing across the bay I realised my chances were limited. Nonetheless tackled up a 3oz and 4oz Bass rod with some scratching rigs and baited them with Prawn tipped Ragworm. I also put out a beachcaster baited with squid at range to see if I could tempt anything further out but this rod remained unmolested. The lighter rods, whilst not being that busy, brought in a few Codling (including a monster of over 8") a small Flounder and a shore Rockling. After high water the bites dried up for me and I packed up just after 4.30. A few other lads were fishing there today and I hope they had a few. Slow session but nice to get out and about.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a bit slow to be sure...TBH I prefer it as a night time mark, where were you fishing? I was at the end of the carpark towards the Pier.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
We were to your left then, there was you, then a chap on his own, then me and my son..Was it you that had your gear on a trolly?

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep that was me, I think you were the lads I offered my rag to. Try it on a bigger night-time tide something between 10.5 and 11.5m Cardiff scale when the weathers a bit calmer. I think that's when it fishes its best:thumbs:

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
Good effort mate.............:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yep that was me, I think you were the lads I offered my rag to. Try it on a bigger night-time tide something between 10.5 and 11.5m Cardiff scale when the weathers a bit calmer. I think that's when it fishes its best:thumbs:
Yes that was us, we didn`t need the rag, as we were leaving not long after you went, If i`d known it was you i would have come and said hello..next time, eh.. :thumbs:

G

·
I took a look at the knab this morning and decided against it.I fished further round the bay at west cross,not even a bite.
Knab rock does fish better at night.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I took a look at the knab this morning and decided against it.I fished further round the bay at west cross,not even a bite.
Knab rock does fish better at night.
My first time there today Chris..A nice easy venue, benches to sit on an all..:laugh:

I`ll deffo be back..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts