World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished Mumbles recently? Any idea how it's been fishing and what's being caught?

Thinking of going down to try it out one evening/night soon. Fished there quite a bit last winter with some decent whiting & dab - great fun on lightish gear (as long as you get the fish in before the seal get them!!). There are some nice evening tides coming as long as the weather doesn't get too bad!!!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi fished there a couple of weeks ago , couple of doggies , some small schoolies
and funny enough there was some seals reported there the day before.
There must have been thirty or so fishing a mid night tide but very poor
cheers Jury

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many a dark night spent attached to one of the native seals! Lucky I wasn't using a pennel or one of the loose hooks could have embedded itself into one of the fish pinching blighters. Could have been interesting!!!! :ph34r:

Any codling/whiting showing yet?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fished Mumbles on Saturday night - caught a few half decent whiting, a flounder and the usual couple of doggies.

There must have been 40+ people fishing from the Car park area!!!!!!!!!! nightmare.

May pick a week night next time and cross fingers for a quieter evening!!!!!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
knab is getting so busy with fisherman on the weekend. i normally go down to bracelet bay, which is about 5 mins from knab if its that busy.

people say that it can sometimes be very good for whiting and codling, however i have never had much luck there myself. any1 else had any good sessions from bracelet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts