World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Me old man is down in Wales for the next week, family problems, and well he wants to fish Mumbles on Wednesday,starting off on the pier, and then fishing from the wall, with the high tide at 8.05 - and its a big tide.. (was advised this is called knapp rock or something? could/probably am mistaken tho)

Basically, he has asked me to ask you guys hows its fishing lately, what rigs are best to use, and wait bait etc? Been using pennell pulleys, but are paternosters any use down there? lug rag squid and macky baits to use?

Basically just any info/costs/precautions that he should take really.....

Does the pier have a drop net available too?

Sorry for all the questions.

Tight lines all,
SA

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Mumbles pier been ok for whiting, doggies and dabs lately plus my mate lost a good huss there 2 weeks back.

i would say fish 3 hook flapper with size 1 or 2 hooks and use worm and fish baits

£3 to fish the pier though

Not sure about knab rock area as i dont usually fish there but should be more or less the same as pier

There's lots of boys/girls fish these areas more regularly though and I'm sure they'll be on soon to help further

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
i fished mumbles pier last thursday loads of doggies and a few whiting rigs were a 2 hook flapper size 1/0 hooks bait was rag tipped with squid or mackeral head to the end of the pier onto the platform head to the left and cast about 50 yards straight out good luck dai

·
Registered
462 Posts
il prob be on the pier wednesday mate..il be there at 9am

·
Registered
462 Posts
Jay don't you ever work mate?

kelvin
yea flat out mate lol im a plumber....work 4 days a week does me fine lol its name my price these days mate.....was working 5 doors up from your old mans house last week they had a new heating system fitted 2 weeks ago from a firm i wunt mention...neways its never worked the guys fitted it all and dint come bk after they got payed...so i went down and saved the old biddy from getting froze....the fan had gone on the combi thats all...the last firm shuda tested it out tho.....so many cowboys out there

any1 else suffering from any heating probs ...iv got next tuesday unbooked he he

·
Registered
462 Posts
jay,hope you didnt rob the old bid!!!!know what you plumbers are like!!!
lol nah dint rob her...just give her a piece of paper what she thought was the reciept for the job, but it was the will leaving her house to me wen she pops off ha ha

nah im not a dodgy plumber...:blink:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jay,

My dad has never fished the pier, and he called them today for some info, and they said there was no water there today to fish in?

Does this sound about right or what? as he is now kinda panicing as he really really really wants to get out

G

·
Jay,

My dad has never fished the pier, and he called them today for some info, and they said there was no water there today to fish in?

Does this sound about right or what? as he is now kinda panicing as he really really really wants to get out
there will be water on the end mate even when the tide goes out on slack tide is good for the dabs.its cos the tides are high they go out further there will be water and you will catch:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Jay,

Hi mate
The tide is full in 2mrw about 07:48 in morning and 20:06 at night about 13 mtrs!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
theres always water at mumbles pier even if we have hiogh tides wen the water goes out furthere than normal mate..itl be plenty of water there 2moz ....the only thing is tho the tide pulls like mad on a normal tide wen on the way out id hate to think wha the tide pull is goin to be like tomoz on the way out

·
Registered
980 Posts
i am mate my boilers gone and need a new one but i need 2 make sure the people who do are corgi reg as you hear loads of bad things bout cowboys are you corgi registered mate? if so i may call u in future to do my boiler cheers.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i am mate my boilers gone and need a new one but i need 2 make sure the people who do are corgi reg as you hear loads of bad things bout cowboys are you corgi registered mate? if so i may call u in future to do my boiler cheers.
yep iv got all the paper slips to witch took me 4 years at college to get and alot of cash :(

is it a combi boiler your after or a back boiler mate...to be ohnest at the mo coz i got so much work on and work booked in im taking the easyer jobs like combis rather than back boilers but il see wha i can do mate...aww

PS coz ou'v spoke to me on here i dunt do mates rates he he

1 - 16 of 16 Posts