World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected crab down the Mumbles on Sunday, the first crabbing I'd done for 2 years after tearing my ankle ligaments. Ankle stood up to it, unlike my neck, back and legs but having to pay £3 to park I think I may try livebaits in future. Can't really complain as I took my parking ticket stub to the cafe and asked the kid what I can have for this and he went into the till and gave me my £3 back!

Was praying for high winds on Monday but got hot, sunny and not a breath of wind. Fished just down from the small bay on the right hand side as you walk on. Started just after 9 and had a good bite 5 minutes after the first cast and another about an hour later. Both bites were savage 1 smash down, probably schoolies, had on large soft eddies. Had a few other small bites which looked like rockling or small eels. Moved from there at 11.30 to fish the far end of the big bay (the one with flagpoles on each end) nothing doing here either but 2 guys fishing here had 2 monster gars and someone using dead sandeel right at the start of the pier had a cracker too.

Decided to fish for gars on the end with the wands I bought in the U.S. and a closefaced reel I'd loaded with braid to see how it went. In the next hour caught the smallest gar i've seen, it's a wonder a sandeel didn't take him on the way in! Decided to take the hint and packed up at 2.30.

I was told that 10 bass were taken in one session on crab recently (reliable source) and a mackeral shoal was spotted down there a couple of weeks ago but apart from that it seems quiet on there at the moment.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Collected crab down the Mumbles on Sunday, the first crabbing I'd done for 2 years after tearing my ankle ligaments. Ankle stood up to it, unlike my neck, back and legs but having to pay £3 to park I think I may try livebaits in future. Can't really complain as I took my parking ticket stub to the cafe and asked the kid what I can have for this and he went into the till and gave me my £3 back!

Was praying for high winds on Monday but got hot, sunny and not a breath of wind. Fished just down from the small bay on the right hand side as you walk on. Started just after 9 and had a good bite 5 minutes after the first cast and another about an hour later. Both bites were savage 1 smash down, probably schoolies, had on large soft eddies. Had a few other small bites which looked like rockling or small eels. Moved from there at 11.30 to fish the far end of the big bay (the one with flagpoles on each end) nothing doing here either but 2 guys fishing here had 2 monster gars and someone using dead sandeel right at the start of the pier had a cracker too.

Decided to fish for gars on the end with the wands I bought in the U.S. and a closefaced reel I'd loaded with braid to see how it went. In the next hour caught the smallest gar i've seen, it's a wonder a sandeel didn't take him on the way in! Decided to take the hint and packed up at 2.30.

I was told that 10 bass were taken in one session on crab recently (reliable source) and a mackeral shoal was spotted down there a couple of weeks ago but apart from that it seems quiet on there at the moment.
Hi matey £3 refund was agreed with Director John Bollom maybe all anglers should remember this for future use.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I fished it last Thursday. I had 1 Schoolie Bass, and 2 decent Gars. The obviouse Dogs, but it is very quite around there!

Ben

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fished there saturday and had the ususal pack of dogs, but also had a good gar, tub gurnard and a bass of around 1.5lb. Good couple of hours really.

Heard the same 'rumor' that there had been some good numbers of mid sized (4-6lb) bass caught there of late. Mostly taken on crab and live sandeel.

Also saw a small black bream caught - about 3/4 lb. Small but Stunning fish!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts