World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a failed session last night down worms head lastnight as it hammered down, me and ossi had half a lb of eels to use up, so this morning we set off down to the pier for opening. We were the first people on the pier, fishing to the right for a while we found the conditions uncomfortable due to the wind so we moved over to the left and began fishing. Fishing was slow to start so i decided to float fish live eels on 2 rods, one using just a bubble float and 12ft of line the other using a sliding float set up with 8 ft snood.

2nd or 3rd drop saw ossi have a nice mackerel, it was then my turn, float dipped and a small gar was on. Kept the chum going in (pilchard oil, bread crumb and mackerel) and it seemed to keep the fish feeding... Even though i was dropping fish left right and center, much to ossi's amusement- at one point i had a take on both of my rods, and dropped both fish. ended up scaling down to a size 8 hook which worked to increase the hook up rate.

as the chum was doing its work i hooked into a nice little black bream on the float, ossi tried live baiting a monster mackerel, but nothing other than a few mullet would go near it.

Day was called short as a massive downpore dampend alot more than just our spirits.

Was a good day, big mackerel, few gars and a bream, what more can you want from a morning out.

Didnt see alot else caught, a few pouting and a black bream thats about it - No triggers :(

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
well done on the pier sesh mate, the triggers are around there just a bit shy me thinks and they want the sunshine before they come out to play

1 - 2 of 2 Posts