World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has nagged me for two weeks to take him back to Mumbles,went yesterday,weather was no very good strong east/southeast wind with some sunny spells.Fished from 9.00 til 1.00 when he got too cold so we had to pack up.Liam caught 17 fish 2x corkwing,3x smelt and 12 pollack(up to 12oz),on rag or mackeral baited feathers.I had one dogfish,2 corkwings,2 smelt and 25 pollack(biggest 1lb) the missus fished for about 10 minutes for 1 pollack and 1 corkwing,but she lost a large fish on the feathers that took her straight under the pier and took a fair bit of line off before the feathers snapped.I fished a pollack head on the bottom about 10 yards out had a cracking run but lost the fish in a snag,conger possibly.We think my wife's lost fish was a very big pollack or bass,I saw two garfish jump,but didn't see any mackerel caught,the sea was very dirty possibly due to the workboat on the lifeboat slip.Tried pollack and smelt as livebaits with no success and the only fish we caught casting away from the pier was my doggie caught first cast on mackerel,the bloke and his son fishing next to us from 9.00 didn't have a bite up til us leaving,I gave him a set of size 12 feathers and the leftover maddies so I hope his son managed to catch something!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts