World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Hi all , approx 20 anglers met at the end of the pier at 19.30 and headed onto the pier just before 20.00.
The weather was brilliant with very light winds and mild temperatures and jackets not required until the early hours.
The fishing was on and off all night with plenty of the usual woofers being caught.Unfortunatly no congers were lander despite plenty of large mackie baits being presented to them.Coxsy had a run,but the fish went under the pier.He battled this fish for 20 minutes and eventually pulled it from its lair.It was...yes you guessed it a doggie!!
Some of the doggies were of a specimin size and pulling in double shots of them was hard work.
A few of us dangled some floats over the side fishing approx 6 - 10' deep.This resulted in small pollack and whiting.
Rob had the fish of the night - a doggie on the float!!!
As usual the company was first class with plenty of laughs and mickie taking.
Thanks to all who supported this event.
I will leave it to you all to post your catch reports as i either dont know or cant remember what you all caught!

Brand is currently off line but finished with a handful of doggies and whiting and approx 20 pollack.

I finished with :- 29 x doggies
5 x whiting
5 x pollack (on the float)
1 x dab

Hopefully i will see you all soon.
Tightlines.........
hope you all enjoyed.that congers still out there then:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
was a good night and it was nice to see some new faces.wish i had took some light gear as a few were having some fun float fishing for pollock.
best catch of the night was brands gull which flew into his line.thankfully it was fine and released without injury.
had a real stonking bite which was only just moving,but unfortunately decided it did'nt want to play and shed the hook.
was a pleasant change weather wise as the 3 previous times i had fished it it had very strong winds and heavy rain,so dry warm and wind free was very welcome
tally for the night
doggies 32
whiting 9
dabs 8
poor cod 1

some muppet lost their foorceps,looked ages for them but to no avail.when they reeled in,there they were hooked onto the handle.must of cast them out and they stayed on when reeled back in...ooops
:)

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
had an unusual experience on the way there.was about half way between merthyr and neath when i seen a minibus pulled on the side of the road.had a glance across as you do,and had a little easter surprise.in the bushes was a small ditch where a group of women dressed in bunny outfits were busy trying to have a pee,can't say it's something i tend to see every day.obviously i drove by slowly as i was concerned one might slip and injure themselves on a briar or something,...but they were fine,so i went on my merry way:yeah:

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
:clap3: :clap3: so all of you spent the night with a load of old dogs?try telling the missus that then eh lol.sounds like you all had a good time and you all had a rain free night all in all a good sesh tightlines andy ilsf...:clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
well done every1 who went.:clap3: :clap3:
im sure you all had a great time with plenty of **** taking and good to see the weather being nice for a change, i will definetly be going to the next one.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Bit late adding to this as I haven't been able to get on line, but I managed 22 doggies and 4 whiting, mostly on mackie baits, also got a doggie on the float. :D

Was the most fun you can have with your clothes on, here's to the next one. :)

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
[i will see you all soon.
Tightlines.........[/QUOTE]

hi guys/gals...........back on line at last,many thanks to all who came,lots of fun as usuall,£60 for RNLI (Barry this time).............ta for keeping pier clean and respect to doggies
I CAN FEEL ANOTHER BASH COMING ON....sorting some date soon,its a bit alkward getting sats with smaller tides..in summer were getting smaller tides for a couple of months ,theres a couple of 9.9/10 mtr ones
ta brand:)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
[i will see you all soon.
Tightlines.........
hi guys/gals...........back on line at last,many thanks to all who came,lots of fun as usuall,£60 for RNLI (Barry this time).............ta for keeping pier clean and respect to doggies
I CAN FEEL ANOTHER BASH COMING ON....sorting some date soon,its a bit alkward getting sats with smaller tides..in summer were getting smaller tides for a couple of months ,theres a couple of 9.9/10 mtr ones
ta brand:)[/QUOTE]

good to see you back mate, been out fishing much?

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
ta brand:)
good to see you back mate, been out fishing much?[/QUOTE]

been a bit busy,other than the all niter lastw/k........ill sort a date out soon for another ,down the arm sun to see if i can bag a few cong and try for a gar
cheers brand:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts