World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello boys,

Just wondering what was being caught of the Mumbles recently? Have the summer species moved in yet? Bass, Conger, Gars, Mackeral, Wrasse and Plaice ect moved in?

Thanks lads

Ben

G

·
Hello boys,

Just wondering what was being caught of the Mumbles recently? Have the summer species moved in yet? Bass, Conger, Gars, Mackeral, Wrasse and Plaice ect moved in?

Thanks lads

Ben
how are you mate on the 2nd june we doing a allnighter for cearphilly childrens centre.£10 for the night and a good bit of banter if your stuck for transport stick your name down on the thread names for brands bash and someone will help you out.it is a good night on there hope you can make it:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think me, Cezice, and our mate were thinking of popping over, but wouldnt mind heading over there before,

Ben

G

·
I think me, Cezice, and our mate were thinking of popping over, but wouldnt mind heading over there before,

Ben
i havent fished it for a while but im sure someone on here will help mate.the bash you can bring 2 rods with you mate.hope to see you there steve:)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
My son and I have fished it 2 weeks ago,loads of pollack,wrasse and smelt in close on baited feathers.My missus lost a big bass or pollack on my son's rod,it took a fish off the feathers and ran into the pier pilings,and about 10 minutes later I had a run on a pollack head in close,got the fish up to the surface,where it came off.Looked like a good bass!Hope this helps!

·
Registered
462 Posts
how far out was u whilst using baited feathers mate ? and what side was u fishing ?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats good to here. Well, we're going to head over for Wednesday. Are there any ideas on what time the Pier shuts in the summer? I have a feeling it gets later? Also is the water clear over there? Going to try for some of the smaller species down the side? Single rag, after Pollock and Wrasse ect.

Are there any Conger coming out from around there?

Sorry about all the questions!

Churs

Ben

·
Registered
462 Posts
il be there mate wednesday myself...think it shuts at 8pm now mate not 100% tho...you can get your bait at the pier now the tackle shopo that was on the pier has now moved to bigger premise's oposite the arcade bit :) time you heading down mate ?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Big_Jay,

We'll be there when she opens. Thats 9 aint it. You going to fish it all day? Were travelling quite a way, so we shall give It a good hit. We'll pop down the end straight away, and bang up the Bivy, pop down should be good!

Ben

·
Registered
462 Posts
il be there waiting for them to open up mate ;) gota get the good spot's lol nah it shud be good providing the weather aint blowing a gale if it is il stay in and do some work :(

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good man, we might see you there then! Wind on metcheck looks good for the morning, but gets a little stronger in the afternoon. That aint going to stop us though :)

Anyway mate, might see you there?

Churs

Ben

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well we're all packed and ready, armed with some fresh dug worm this morning! Shall be over there at 9am, bright and early!

Ben

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,617 Posts
Well we're all packed and ready, armed with some fresh dug worm this morning! Shall be over there at 9am, bright and early!

Ben
best of luck m8 - looking forward to the report! :clap2: :clap3: :)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lads,

Well fished the Pier. Was nice weather, apart from a slight tinkle of rain. Fishing was steady. Started of with some Dogs, I had a Bass (only a schoolie). Dogs then throughout the day. I then had two Gars on the float, and the mate had a Pollock. One Dab caught along the Pier, and that was it really. Wrasse eluded me today!

Results
Ben: 1 x Bass, 10, 000 x Doggys, 2 x Gars
Ceri: 200, 000, 000 x Doggys, 1 x Pollock, 1 x Starfish!
Tim: 1 x Doggy!!!

Churs lads

Ben

1 - 16 of 16 Posts