World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MSW R.I.P
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just setting off to mumbles pier with the missus, gonna be posting as as when we catch fish and hopefully putting pics up as we go, i'm gonna be texing catch reports by the minute to bennyb whios stuck in work and hes gonna relay them onto here, wish us luck and check back for updates:fishing1: and we're off:clap2:

·
RNLI Fundraiser and Legend
15,608 Posts
hi all just setting off to mumbles pier with the missus, gonna be posting as as when we catch fish and hopefully putting pics up as we go, i'm gonna be texing catch reports by the minute to bennyb whios stuck in work and hes gonna relay them onto here, wish us luck and check back for updates:fishing1: and we're off:clap2:
chuck some squid with small hooks around the pillars for trigger:thumbs:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
It obviously is not going too well.....:oops:

·
MSW R.I.P
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi all live updates are cancelled, just got back, i had to pick my kids back up due to family emergancy, i did manage about 25-30 peeler in my pot over the side, last throw of the pot i could hardley pull it out of the water there was about 140-150 crabs in there and there were about 20 odd peelers and softies in there, didnt get a sniff of a bite, fished 4 rods, i heard there was 1 or 2 tiddlers caught off the end but other than that it was blanks all the way. oh well we'll try another live report in the week:thumbs:

·
Registered
345 Posts
hi all live updates are cancelled, just got back, i had to pick my kids back up due to family emergancy, i did manage about 25-30 peeler in my pot over the side, last throw of the pot i could hardley pull it out of the water there was about 140-150 crabs in there and there were about 20 odd peelers and softies in there, didnt get a sniff of a bite, fished 4 rods, i heard there was 1 or 2 tiddlers caught off the end but other than that it was blanks all the way. oh well we'll try another live report in the week:thumbs:
Unlucky on the fishing front!.. But to get over 20 crab in your pot is great going. I was always under the impression that you don't get many peelers/softies in pots as they don't feed when in the peeling stage. Obviously I'm wrong, well done :thumbs:

·
MSW R.I.P
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unlucky on the fishing front!.. But to get over 20 crab in your pot is great going. I was always under the impression that you don't get many peelers/softies in pots as they don't feed when in the peeling stage. Obviously I'm wrong, well done :thumbs:
i think there must of been a frenzy going on, i never normally get any where near that many when i drop it off the boat, only a few peelers mostly softies but i aint complaining.:wiggle:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I was thinking that too. I have got one of them trap thingies, might have to give it ago.

·
MSW R.I.P
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
about half way up the pier on the left hand side, there are no upstands/ pier legs, swing it so the pot goes under the pier, couple of makkie cut in half inside the pot and you should be right on the money, pot was in the water for about 30 mins. hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts