World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down around 10 am Sunday morning with my son. We fished or rather attempted to but had nothing, The odd tap here and there, around us it was pretty dead.

THe occasional macky was caught by some one, I saw one gar, a couple of gurnards but the fish were few and far between.

bout 4pm we saw a couple of triggers but they were gone in seconds, there were also some bass of a good size under the pier along with mullet

Around 5pm I said lets pack up, after I took the trace of his rod ha asked for a weight to be put on so he could practice his casting, not a problem he is casting away whilst I'm packing up.

A youngster my son had been talking to comes running up and says there are loads of fish in the water on the other side come look what are they, so I wounder across and it's a good size shoal of Triggers.

I had one rod still out of the bag, my sons with the weight on. I quickly put a float on a size 1/0 hook and a strip of squid.

Dropped over the side and bang good hit bit of a fight and out comes my first trigger, new spicies for me.

One youngester had a double hook up which brought my son into action with the drop net, I rebait, and bang into another trigger of it comes, hook is broken off

New hook tied on quickly rebait bang another one all in all I had 4 largest 2lb 7 oz smallest 1lb 4oz

So the blank was beaten

all in all I saw about 10 or 12 triggers come out.

Then the mullet appeared I saw a nice one around 1 1/2lb caught on rag, guy used a very intresting technique

by 9pm the largest trigger was on the BBQ and it was very tasty

Cant down load any pics at the moment

G

·
Went down around 10 am Sunday morning with my son. We fished or rather attempted to but had nothing, The odd tap here and there, around us it was pretty dead.

THe occasional macky was caught by some one, I saw one gar, a couple of gurnards but the fish were few and far between.

bout 4pm we saw a couple of triggers but they were gone in seconds, there were also some bass of a good size under the pier along with mullet

Around 5pm I said lets pack up, after I took the trace of his rod ha asked for a weight to be put on so he could practice his casting, not a problem he is casting away whilst I'm packing up.

A youngster my son had been talking to comes running up and says there are loads of fish in the water on the other side come look what are they, so I wounder across and it's a good size shoal of Triggers.

I had one rod still out of the bag, my sons with the weight on. I quickly put a float on a size 1/0 hook and a strip of squid.

Dropped over the side and bang good hit bit of a fight and out comes my first trigger, new spicies for me.

One youngester had a double hook up which brought my son into action with the drop net, I rebait, and bang into another trigger of it comes, hook is broken off

New hook tied on quickly rebait bang another one all in all I had 4 largest 2lb 7 oz smallest 1lb 4oz

So the blank was beaten

all in all I saw about 10 or 12 triggers come out.

Then the mullet appeared I saw a nice one around 1 1/2lb caught on rag, guy used a very intresting technique

by 9pm the largest trigger was on the BBQ and it was very tasty

Cant down load any pics at the moment
nice one karl mate :victory:cant wait for the pics

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
nice one karl good to see the triggers are in lol tight lines

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Nice one guys, a cracking end to an otherwise quiet day. (did that trigger taste as good as it looked on the barbie?) Keep em tight. Mad one.

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice one guys, a cracking end to an otherwise quiet day. (did that trigger taste as good as it looked on the barbie?) Keep em tight. Mad one.
It tasted great, stuffed with onion, tomato, salt and lemon pepper the same on the outside, plus a large dollp of butter, double wraped in foil.

The flesh was white and moist flaking like a good piece of cod

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
book your places lads trigger fever is about to hit

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
yeah i`ll be down the pier on monday with the family they just love catching those triggers lol so i guess it`s an early start then for us 6am is a bit late don`t you think barrelreef tight lines

·
Registered
84 Posts
I cooked and eat a trigger the same way this time last year, I thought it tasted like sh1te! Each to his own eh!!!

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I cooked and eat a trigger the same way this time last year, I thought it tasted like sh1te! Each to his own eh!!!
I gave some fillets to family members who had them last night and they all enjoyed them including the kids depends on the way they are cooked I suppose, we would eat them again no problem there again my mrs has been cooking fish all her life (she turns 21 this year) and is a fantastic cook

·
Registered
154 Posts
Top result Karl, main thing you avoided the dreaded "B" word and got a feed at the same time.

Looks like we need to bag a few more and have ourselves a little bbq with some light refreshments soon :fishing1: :fishing::clap2::drunk:

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Top result Karl, main thing you avoided the dreaded "B" word and got a feed at the same time.

Looks like we need to bag a few more and have ourselves a little bbq with some light refreshments soon :fishing1: :fishing::clap2::drunk:
LOL just not wine on a hot day with bacon butties

1 - 20 of 25 Posts