World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Don't quote me on this but i heard that the pier in Mumbles is temporarily out of bounds, apparently they went to launch the lifeboat and it crashed into the pier causing some structural damage. Just wonder if any of the local lads from Swansea way could enlighten us on the full details.
Normally the gates open to the pier at 9.00am and will cost £3.00 per rod.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It was closed for repair work untill recently. But I went there and it was open on Monday, dont know if it's closed since?

·
Registered
38 Posts
P.S. There's Garfish on the float various depths, Pollack just off the bottom under the pier on baited feathers, Bass near the Dragon dropping straight down or casting towards the island on Crab or live Sandeel/pouting. Doggies, flatties, Gurnard, and the possibility of Mackeral off the end on feathers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
the pier was open this evening,there were people fishing off the end,given the state of the tide thats probably the best place to fish,if the tide was bigger i'd fish under the monkey with either fresh peeler or live sandeel float fished or on the bottom with a six foot trace,when the mackerel start to show either fish there for bass with live mackerel or up towards the end just before the closed off part .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts