World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>9/9/04 Really sunny, south easterly wind, fished the pier for 8hrs nothing really big come off but a good variety of species red gurnard, plaice,dog fish,black bream,wrasse and some school bass and a few very very small mackies, lets hope the big fish will be here in the winter?</font>

·
Registered
327 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>Number 5,

Do you fish the pier often and have a good knowledge of it? &nbsp;If so what sort of tides and when do you find the best fishing to be.
I&#39;ve fished it it twice this year and caught a couple of small Schoolies and on Bass of 3 lb but nothing else. Due to my availability I have only managed to fish from high water down for 3hrs or so. I suspect that the fishing would be better on the flood.

cheers,

Sim</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>To be honest it was the first time for me to fish the pier, but the friends i was with have fished there before and between us we came to the same opinion that low water and high water on the turn of the tide is far more productive.We saw alot of activity about 1hr before high tide, mackies were smallest ive seen all joeys.Tide was only 9.4 metres perhaps a bigger tide would have been better.Any way lets hope cod are on their way?
cheers
Billy. &nbsp; &nbsp;
</font>

·
Registered
170 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hi is there a time limit to fish on the pier and also do you have to payto fish on the pier thanks &nbsp;merv shill:O</font>

·
Registered
327 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>Merv,

It&#39;s £3 per rod and the pier opens at 09:00. &nbsp;I&#39;m not sure about the closing time but I don&#39;t think that you can fish after dark unless it&#39;s a specifically organised comp.
The only other time I have fished the pier was in February in the late evening in a charity open for a local childrens home. There were plenty of fish, my own bag numbering 20 or so fish including dabs, whiting, dogfish and pout. 2nd in the comp but I have&#39;t got the hang of summer fishing. (3lb Bass excluded)

regards,

Sim</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts