World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished 5hrs up to high water on Wednesday, not a bite. Only one dog caught on the pier up until the time I left. Heard off some of the other guy's fishing that a few mackerel have shown over the last few weeks and a few nice bass including one 7lb-er caught by a young lad on a toy rod, lucky fellow. A mate of mine fished off the rock pier right of the short arm at Port Talbot yesterday and caught a few joey's. Apparently the info he got is that there have been a number of nice Mackerel and bass cauhgt there. Hope Mumbles fishes better for Brandon's Charity night.

P

·
0 Posts
Last time I fished the Pier was last saturday and I caught 5 nice sized garfish. Caught on that day:

Mackerel < not many really
Garfish < nice sized ones caught
Dogfish < of course
1 double figure smoothound < piccy taken and returned, I didnt catch it!
A few Small bass
1 black bream
1 small tub gurnard
1 nice sized spider crab

I am looking forward to this charity event. I have heard that the pier fishes very well in the dark!

Must make sure that the chemical lights will attach to my floats!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have fished Mumbles pier only the once and was kept busy by the doggies but that was all. What mathods + bait would any of you recommend for this time of year?

P

·
0 Posts
I normally float fish off the end and let the current trot the bait out, at least this method will prevent the doggies from jumping on your hook!

Other people have been successful bottom fishing, great for doggies, black bream, smoothounds, tub gurnard!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Will give that a go ! Would be quite nice to avoid the doggies ! Although they are better than blanking !

Tight Lines

P

·
0 Posts
DaveP said:
Will give that a go ! Would be quite nice to avoid the doggies ! Although they are better than blanking !

Tight Lines
That is what I said about Garfish last year, I couldnt get through them with the float, whatever bait I tried.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Only fished there once myself 25 years ago first time sea fishing just dropped hook down off the end with a lump of kipper on it and caught a 6 1/2 lb Bass. Very nice chap climbed down the ladder to net it for me, I'd have tried to just winch it up :)

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
blue yonder said:
Fished 5hrs up to high water on Wednesday, not a bite. Only one dog caught on the pier up until the time I left. Heard off some of the other guy's fishing that a few mackerel have shown over the last few weeks and a few nice bass including one 7lb-er caught by a young lad on a toy rod, lucky fellow. A mate of mine fished off the rock pier right of the short arm at Port Talbot yesterday and caught a few joey's. Apparently the info he got is that there have been a number of nice Mackerel and bass cauhgt there. Hope Mumbles fishes better for Brandon's Charity night.
so do i, i ll feel a right turbot other wise ,but i love fishin brand

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
Phil the Float said:
Last time I fished the Pier was last saturday and I caught 5 nice sized garfish. Caught on that day:

Mackerel < not many really
Garfish < nice sized ones caught
Dogfish < of course
1 double figure smoothound < piccy taken and returned, I didnt catch it!
A few Small bass
1 black bream
1 small tub gurnard
1 nice sized spider crab

I am looking forward to this charity event. I have heard that the pier fishes very well in the dark!

Must make sure that the chemical lights will attach to my floats!

carefull of the goasties in the dark!!! ill bring my coleman for the concrete end brand :eek:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Guys,

Ther is no access to the water any more so if any of you have a drop net you may find it handy for the larger fish that you catch..lol

P

·
0 Posts
I have seen people hand-ball a 10lb smothie uo tge pier! Not something I would like to do myself!

P

·
0 Posts
Not for me, I will be driving :) good plan though, I just hope that the weather is OK for us!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts