World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
welcome to WSF....
yes there is an open and close time, but i cant find it..

if you look up a bit you see SEARCH, on the blue bar, click it and type in
'mumbles pier' it will take you to all the other posts about the pier
you should find the times on 1 off them..

hope this helps

dont click on ''search this thread'' you need the ''search'' on the top blue bar.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Opens 9 am. Usually closes at 8 but I did hear a story that they were increasing it for the summer, Maybe someone else can confirm that...................

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huw G Pollocks said:
Opens 9 am. Usually closes at 8 but I did hear a story that they were increasing it for the summer, Maybe someone else can confirm that...................
Just phoned the Pier Hotel couldn't find any other numbers Said 9am:10pm

So have to find somewhere else??
Looking on starting fishing at about 6-6.30am. Anywhere else I could go??
Are they catching anything off Swansea pier, the one by the Marina??

·
Registered
325 Posts
if your going down the pier that early,walk to the entrance of the pier and go down the steps to the beach and fish under the monkey its a good spot for bass !and when the pier opens go up top and fish either the same spot up on top or go 3/4 of the way up and fish towards the outer island, both of the spots are trouble free snagless fishing,you really dont need to go to the east pier! you wont catch anything there except mackerel!and schoolies.using peeler crab or sandeel at both spots, if the fishing goes quiet make a rig up with a load of beads and a really small hook with a long thin strip of squid on for possibly bream or trigger fish!both are rare as rocking horse poop, but you never know!it also throws up some nice dabs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welsh man of the valleys said:
Just phoned the Pier Hotel couldn't find any other numbers Said 9am:10pm

So have to find somewhere else??
Looking on starting fishing at about 6-6.30am. Anywhere else I could go??
Are they catching anything off Swansea pier, the one by the Marina??
I have seen some good days for macky bashing there recently, but patchy, if that is what you are after. Also seen and heard of the occasional bass there as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welsh man of the valleys said:
I'm taking my daughter and she's never caught a fish before so I've got to go to the best possible place to catch a fish even if it's a Macky.

Dog hops advice is good but there's no guarantees at either venue. I find both places hit or miss but Mumbles offers greter variety in what you could catch. However it fishes better on a rising tide.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I'll try swansea pier see if there's anything about.
If we blank we'll go down the ley's next week and have a go at the schoolies, 1hr before HW from the top of the beach should catch there.

G

·
If you want to head down early, to the side there's a very rocky area. Mayb choose a day when the tides in early fish there and if your doing well and the tides starting to go out then head down to the pier. It's worthwhile on the pier some days though, only ever caught dog fish there but they come in alot and in decent sizes. Then again i've seen plenty of people catching flattys and few odd bass there.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Swansea West Pier by the Marina has a high wall when you cast out you have to be 7ft 10 to see over the top.
For your daughter to enjoy and see what is caught Mumbles would be better choice, if you down 6am ish then have a look under neath for some crab and shrimp good for bait. Also frozen baits sold on Mumbles pier entrance. dont forget your feathers and some sandeels.
Try float fishing for the macky good fun

G

·
Jonboy said:
Swansea West Pier by the Marina has a high wall when you cast out you have to be 7ft 10 to see over the top.
For your daughter to enjoy and see what is caught Mumbles would be better choice, if you down 6am ish then have a look under neath for some crab and shrimp good for bait. Also frozen baits sold on Mumbles pier entrance. dont forget your feathers and some sandeels.
Try float fishing for the macky good fun
Mackerel on light float gear is brilliant fun, so is any fish (fish?? what is that), on light gear. I have had 2 1/2lb bass strip line off against the drag!

I am only 5' 4" and i have great difficulty in jumping on the wall, in fact, you should see the big bruise I had on my leg, or maybe not!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts