World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of travelling down to Swansea for any easy session tomorrow with a day off work. Was thinking of giving mumbles pier a try. Is it tide dependent, and do I need a drop net to return things? What's the best bait to use at this time of year?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Thinking of travelling down to Swansea for any easy session tomorrow with a day off work. Was thinking of giving mumbles pier a try. Is it tide dependent, and do I need a drop net to return things? What's the best bait to use at this time of year?

Cheers

Dave
Hi rattsy you should get he dogs /whiting /turbots mate baits go for mac/squid/sandeel/take a small amount of worm as to get the fish in you will be ok to let them go put the fish onto your gripper though the gill then lower them down into the water and let them go tight lines

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I find it fishes better on the ebb but i think you can fish it at any time of the tide and catch, you will need a drop net if you catch something tidy but at the moment i havent heard of anything big coming off their just mainly whiting, dogs and dab. I would take some mackeral a pack of sandeel and some worm. Good luck

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
hi m8 im going down in the morning from 9ish been told theres dogs, pouting ,whiting and dabs taking rag ,sqiuid,sandeel, mack.and frozen black which will be stinking by tomorrow

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
We were there sunday....we had whiting mainly to lug baits.........2 dabs 1 took ragworm and 1 took black lug......sandeel/mackerel/squid for the dogs.

We fished about 1 hour of the flood and the rest of the day on the ebb...bites throughout day!

Teggy (one of the boys) lost a very good bull huss on the surface to a mackie fillet so the odd big fish are there!

I fished 1 rod with biggish fish baits on size 2/0 hooks and another rod with a running ledger and size 2 hook (got more bites tight on the bottom this way - lots of small fish anyway)

I would suggest fishing the concrete on left hand side casting toward the boy in front of the lifeboat hut no more than 50 yards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts