World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Had a day in bracelet bay last weekend because I heared that bass up2 6lb had been caught in the area. No luck whatsoever. 6 fishing with every bait imaginable not a touch to any rod, could have been the time tide etc were against us, tried plugging , spinning , long casting, short casting, floating. Talked to locals (as u do) they said no bass had been caught as yet. who do u believe eh?

any way
They'll be there on the next tide

·
Registered
325 Posts
there have been some nice bass caught in the mumbles"area"i can assure you! but the bass that i know that were, caught were caught by hardcore fishermen that would sit through a force 10 with bait that took them all day to collect and fished marks that had taken them years to figure out, i've tried fishing down mumbles for years and i've had plenty of blanks the boys down there know what they're doing!

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Panda, if you were in Bracelet you were'nt on the Lighthouse Island which is where the bass are! As Rex Hunt say's " you dont get a kick of the footie, if you aint where the footie is"!
Pick your crab on the causeway as the tide runs back, then fish the bottom water & make your way back with the water as the causeway closes again, or stay out over the tide & come back next day.
Believe me the bass are there, but you have to pick your tides, your marks, & put the time in! All around the Island produces fish, the best "each way" spot is in front of the old landing stage casting towards BP Llandacy into the "Blin Hole".
blueskip

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a schoolie on a plug yesterday from the pier side of the sound as it was flooding, it was barely bigger than the J13 but good fun and christened my new rod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts