World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

On my "practice" run ( as described by Phil )yesterday I fished 2.5 hours up and 2 hours down.
Fish caught:

2 x Black Bream
A first for me so well chuffed though largest was only about .75 of a pound.

1 x Cuckoo Wrasse
Beautiful Colours

1 x Ballan Wrasse

1 x Doggie

All fish returned safely. All caught on rag except the doggie which took a sandeel intended for Bass.
Nothing caught on frozen Squid or frozen Mackeral or lug.

Nine anglers fishing the concrete platform at the end including me. Other fish caught were:
1 x Bass by the guy behind me on the left-over rag I gave him after I packed up. Nice fish of around 2.5 pound, he was well chuffed.
One other Bass of around a pound on live floatfished sandeel.
4 x Mackeral after lots of feathering by 4 of the anglers.

Looks goodish for Saturday, On yeasterdays form, live sandeels if possible and and Ragworm should be in your bait box.

Sim

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I'm taking a pillow to go with my collapsible chair, & my radio to listen to BBC Radio 2 all night, (before I go to sleep)!
blueskip

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
jetstream said:
Guys,

On my "practice" run ( as described by Phil )yesterday I fished 2.5 hours up and 2 hours down.
Fish caught:

2 x Black Bream
A first for me so well chuffed though largest was only about .75 of a pound.

1 x Cuckoo Wrasse
Beautiful Colours

1 x Ballan Wrasse

1 x Doggie

All fish returned safely. All caught on rag except the doggie which took a sandeel intended for Bass.
Nothing caught on frozen Squid or frozen Mackeral or lug.

Nine anglers fishing the concrete platform at the end including me. Other fish caught were:
1 x Bass by the guy behind me on the left-over rag I gave him after I packed up. Nice fish of around 2.5 pound, he was well chuffed.
One other Bass of around a pound on live floatfished sandeel.
4 x Mackeral after lots of feathering by 4 of the anglers.

Looks goodish for Saturday, On yeasterdays form, live sandeels if possible and and Ragworm should be in your bait box.

Sim

there wont be any left!!!brand

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
jetstream said:
By the way I'm only telling you this coz there's no prizes.............

yep there is .a tackle box plus contents up 4 grabs.brand :)

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
If I win it, it goes up for auction on the pier, with the proceeds going to the charity, so take some 50p pieces with you!
blueskip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts