World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Five o'clock at the car park, on the beach and fishing by 5:30. Got the tide right today - fished 2 hours up, 2 hours down. Weed quite bad, especially the flood, wind blowing down the beach, rods nodding like ballet-dancing giraffes. I'd loaded my fixed spool with 100m of braid, made that rod very sensitive, but seemed to have problems winding tight to the lead.. First (proper) bite at 7:15 on Lug / squid, a Real Codling! 46 cm, lovely, put it back for next year. Then three more little ones (twenty-somethings), then at 9:15 a big, dragging bite, and a 50cm codling. One more little one, then the worms ran out and back up the slope to the car. Great evening, was I disappointed that the rockling and pins weren't about?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good work...you cant say you haven't earned it after being governed by work for the tides.Its lady luck who shines down on the marks that throw up the sizeable codling,mix luck, knowledge and skill and your a winner every time...Good work , as a silver fox A-team member once said "I love it when a plan comes together"

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Good session, You did well to dodge the weed , as BB said the tide times fell in place for a mundesley evening ...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Where about at mundesley did you fish and is the lifeboat slope open yet. Well done on some superb cod mate. Tight lines.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was on the Trimingham side, about 2 breakwaters down. Slip from the lifeboat shed to the beach is open, and the slope from the Paston Road to the lifeboat shed

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Five o'clock at the car park, on the beach and fishing by 5:30. Got the tide right today - fished 2 hours up, 2 hours down. Weed quite bad, especially the flood, wind blowing down the beach, rods nodding like ballet-dancing giraffes. I'd loaded my fixed spool with 100m of braid, made that rod very sensitive, but seemed to have problems winding tight to the lead.. First (proper) bite at 7:15 on Lug / squid, a Real Codling! 46 cm, lovely, put it back for next year. Then three more little ones (twenty-somethings), then at 9:15 a big, dragging bite, and a 50cm codling. One more little one, then the worms ran out and back up the slope to the car. Great evening, was I disappointed that the rockling and pins weren't about?
hi ya bud, your best bet if its a weedy and/or windy night stick to mono line ! been using braid for a few year now and learned the hard way lol,, weedy night will plague you with line bites {as the weed hits the braid} as well as the wind also exaggerate rod movement as gusts hit the braid.

but top points to ya for ya effort and returning the the fish :clap3:
all the best kev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts