World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - this is my 1st post so please be gentle. Has anyone had any experience of the above rod. I am returning to sea angling after a few years break and the market is full of kit that I don't recognise. Wish I never got rid of my old NG3! I am considering the above rod all comments welcomed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I bought this rod after reading a very favourable review in Sea angler magazine a couple of years back,it was the first time i'd bought a rod "unseen or tested" and it proved to be in my opinion a very good buy.
A very powerful rod that i like using over the rougher terrain although its equally at home when distance casting is required. As the name implies its 12'9" plus a reducer, and has a white glazed tip for us night fishermen. The rod comes with a neat nylon bag with a smaller pouch to house the reducer, coasters were supplied (but didn't fit) I've noticed that the price has dropped on this rod and is now available in my local angling shop at under £100 (I paid £149)mail order.
Ideally suited for 5-6oz leads and can handle more. In my opinion a very underrated rod.
Hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i have the 12ft 6 power version.quite a heavy rod but copes with whole squid plus 6oz of lead.can be used reel up or down.i use a slosch 30 up the rod on mine and get good distance with just an otg cast.shows up bites pretty well and sits ok in the tide.can be picked up for £75 so is good value.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the replies - sorry for the delay but I have not logged in for a while. I have just been and bought one of these rods - as you say they seem to be decent value - I have not yet had the chance to bend it yet I will let you all know how it goes. My first impressions on the overall finish is good. I like the 'unground' Butt section and nekid look. Reminds me of my old Cod 4 1pc blank. Still not sure about the 'reducer thing' - I might be a bit old school for that.
Regards Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts