·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a bit of a cofuffle cant decide between these rods:
Mustad viking xtreme velocity
or
Mustad Viking power 126 multiplier rod

i fish off shallow beach marks for whiting and flatties but also deepwater cod marks.
any help would be appreciated
Bass Buster

·
Registered
55 Posts
Never tried either of those two rods, but if your looking for a rod to handle all situations then the best I've found so far is the shakespeare atlantis, 12'6 or 13'6...(this is the one I have)...It is super stiff, ideal for rock marks and rough ground, but superbly balanced, plus it will show the nibble from a pouting of only a few ounces from well over 150yds. A GREAT rod... retail at 90 quid, got mine from web for 70.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Whats wrong with my Daiwa "Paul Kerry Carbon Classic" vintage 1981, or my ABU Atlantic 484 vintage 1973 (comes complete with a body building course), & my own hand built Conoflex Carbon Bass blank circa 1978.
I have yet to find a bass that can beat C, a cod that can beat A, or a gale that can make B move on the rest!
They dont make em' like that any more!
blueskip

Reactions: jackjock

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
hi bass buster.

i have the mustad power 126 multi and i also think it is a bit top heavy.

does cast well and also pulls youre rigs out of the rough stuff.also shows up bites quite well.you can pick one up for around £75 so not bad value for money.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys that is really appreciated am for defo getting the power 126 had a look at theflattie rod today and it looks really nice

·
BASSIN ASSASSIN
2,636 Posts
got a bit of a cofuffle cant decide between these rods:
Mustad viking xtreme velocity
or
Mustad Viking power 126 multiplier rod

i fish off shallow beach marks for whiting and flatties but also deepwater cod marks.
any help would be appreciated
Bass Buster
simple answer is BOTH! Brilliant range of rods shame they discontinued them! I cant have matching pairs now!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I used to have a mustad viking xtreme velocity a few years ago and it was a cracking rod.

Regards andy

·
BASSIN ASSASSIN
2,636 Posts
I used to have a mustad viking xtreme velocity a few years ago and it was a cracking rod.

Regards andy
Seems silly 2 do this but i go the 129 and 126 for catching whiting/pouting/poor cod/coalfish and pollack for bait on marks where ur likely 2 hook something MUCH BIGGER (like a CONGER) on 3 hook rigs got them last year 4 £150 the pair and put ALL FUJI fittings on them and team them up with PENN 525 super mag extra and super mag loaded with 20/25lb line 80lb leaders! Brilliant combination! Y ON EARTH DID MUSTAD STOP MAKING THEM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts