World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bobcat,

You been down there over the weekend?

I'm taking a beginner fishing on the morrow possibly, and it's a heads or tails between Mwnt & a rock mark on the Lleyn. Mwnt would be cool as the dolphin activity is a sight to behold sometimes! But also I know I can get a mackie or 2 from the Lleyn no prob.

Let us know how it's fished this weekend mate - if you have been over there of course!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hi John,

I didnt go to mwnt over the weekend. It was a bit wet. I went the week before last, and I missed a couple of runs and had a few mackerel. In totall it was very poor.. But a mark like Mwnt can't be rubbish for long periods.

Regards

Bobcat.

·
Registered
437 Posts
fishy fingers crossed i hope..bobcat ....lol clive

·
Registered
437 Posts
i wont promis bobcat im at the van this weekend. but im taking the grand boys for a spot of mullet fishing in aberaron...it sounds tempting but a bit on the dangerious side for them and er indoors will want to know why im going without them!! so best i leave it or ill be wearing a fryingpan all next week...lol tight lines if you go m8 let us know how you get on...clive

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
LoL @ frying pan m8,

sounds a safe reason not to go lol. I will let you know how it goes. I'm camping right on the top field of the camp-site "looking over the two marks".

Tight lines

Bobcat :D

p.s. When I last went, the fishermen next to me on the site fished poppet sands beach and did well, bass and maddies. pld chaps. And they gave me a fish for my breaky :D

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck!!

I opted for Porth Iago again and caught a few pollack, nothing over 1.5lb. No sign of the mackerel. All pollack released.

Mind you, the sunset over Snowdonia from Porthmadog Cob was amazing! I had to stop & get piccies!

Cheers - John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts