World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spent the weekend down west wales in my sisters caravan. dedided to fish mwnt close to llangranog and that. used mackie razor and rag worm. used two rods 1 with a pulley pennel with big baits and another with a 2 hook flapper. couple of people on the ledges were i wanted to fish so fished just down from them.

anyway way nothing for the 1st couple of hours then had a nice little knock pulled in a nice little pollack of 1lb 7oz. that was on my 2 hook flapper. nothing on my big baits and then started getting lots of snags on both rods so decided to pack the pulley pennel rod away after loads of tackle loss. was going to pack up all together cos the snags were doing my head in.

anyway the guys that was by me decided to leave after not much success so moved into there spot for the last couple of hours just with sum rag and my flapper. lovely knock and pulled in my 1st ever wrasse of 2lb 3oz well chuffed. rebaited and with in 5 mins a 2nd wrasse of 1lb 10oz and to finish off a good last hour a 3rd wrasse of about a pound.

all in all a good day apart from the snags i will try and put some pics of the 2 bigger wrasse i caught after finding out how to resize the pics. hahaha. and the other downside was that i missed the meet down the knap on the sunday. never mind hopefully will be able to get down to the next 1 and well done to all the fundraising guys. give all yourselves a tap on your backs.

·
Registered
698 Posts
well done on your 1st, 2nd and 3rd wrasse mate:clap2: ....we had a few today too, gonna put a post up in five, once i work out how to resize my photos aswell!!:schmoll:

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Mwnt is best fished on the ebb if you're using bottom-fished baits. Once the flood gets going there is a strong tidal rip that sweeps L to R and carries your gear into a rough area = tackle graveyard! This especially applies to baits fished at range.

Cheers - John

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Any sign of any dolphins around ? last time I was on Mwnt there was a pair of them either playing or chasing fish about 70 metres out.
Definitely one of the BIG highlights of Mwnt......

I wrote this wee bit in my diary a few years back, I was so deeply moved by what I saw......

It’s getting late. I wind in my line and unhook the two undersized whiting. Scrambling down the rocks to the edge of the sea I slip the fish back in, perhaps to put on more weight, get eaten by seals or gannets or to have the life crushed from them in the claws of some industrial fishing-vessel. The low sun casts a path of burning gold across the water from Cardigan Island to my feet. It’s warm for the time of year. A splash out there and I look up to see dolphins, working as a team to herd mackerel as they have done for millennia. They come within thirty metres of our rocky perch. One is obviously working for the Welsh Tourist Board. It accelerates upward through the green water to become airborne in the middle of Sunset Strip. It’s clear of the sea and I see golden droplets cascade from its silhouetted dark flanks as it hangs there suspended on my memory. Night falls and we head for home, making our small contribution to climate change in the process. Out there, the slow beat of tides and seasons goes on. The rhythms of the Earth – beating slowly and surely – always there - beyond our control. On our return we find that Man U have lost and the beer’s gone up. Some of the lads are visibly distressed……

A bit "cosmic" but there you are! - it was how I felt at the time and it was written honestly!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
462 Posts
ever tried story writing john ? not a bad lil paragraph you got there

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah there was 2 down there mate what an amazing sight. the only thing that pee'd me off is that they were following a boat and the ba***rd's in the boat keep turning into the pair of them to try and get rid of them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.